Monday, September 14, 2009

Done

I am so done being pregnant.
I want this moving little creature out of my body.
Well, at the end of the day when I switch from, my mom's guest bed to my recliner/rocker chair I do REALLY wish it could be my last day being pregnant.
I can't sleep.
I am uncomfortable. My feet are ridiculously swollen. (I have freakishly skinny feet most days).
So I am so tired during the day and cranky and miserable.
As I watching the "Baby Story" and "Deliver Me" shows on TV, it gets worse.
I WANT MY BABY!
I want to hold him. And kiss him, and see what he looks like.
I want to use those cute clothes I bought and was given.
Blue is not my favorite color, but I can't wait to use all that blue!
And as I talked with my mom last night I realized.....
Maybe elephants have it right... 2 years gestation.
As soon as this baby comes out, my freedom to do things I want are lost for long time.
Do I really want the screaming, and the constant diapers, and crying, and exhaustion?
Part of me said no way, (too late now, I know)... but the other part of me said.... yes.
My mind went back to the sweet face I want to see.
My mind went back to the sweet faces who also came from me.
All 5 of those faces were worth all the screaming and crying, and diapers and long , long nights.
So bring it on.
Gimme my baby.
The time is now.
The bun in this oven is cooked.
The timer has gone off.
Stick a big ol' fork in me I am done.
Well give me until friday.
My mom prefers the weekend. It will be easier with the kids.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

I thought you were having a c-section. Are they gonna schedule it soon?