Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My so called life

Okay, lots to type.
I might have to go and do dinner, read with boys and come back later.
So much to tell you.
My dad works for the state of CA too. He has to sit by his computer for a week for work. It is called "duty". He is the guy most of state agencies of California call if their radio or something goes out. He is the guy that wakes up a tech guy in the middle of the night to go an fix it.
A straight week.
Home all day. Boys have to be quiet.
Not fun for ANYONE!
So it started last Wednesday. The day after my sister went in for her lung collapsing.
Friday is when my life got really fun.
My sister Aimee went back to the ER. Emergency lung surgery.
Long story short. They had to cut off the top of her lung, it had some kind of blisters, (i forget the medical term for it). Basically, her lung has been slowly collapsing since last November. Which will explain the pain in her shoulder and back.
She is the strongest person I know.
Man, she is a trooper. She is home now, but I was pretty close to marching my self, swollen feet and all to the hospital to give 2 nurses their a piece of my mind. Another long story.
My mom yelled at them good and reported them for the conduct.
So while she was getting checked and prepped for surgery, we had all four of her boys.
A total of 8 boys.
With my dad on "Duty".
My sister Sarah came over to help with her 2 boys.
10 boys.
Loud< class="blsp-spelling-corrected" id="SPELLING_ERROR_1">hospital, and me supposedly on bed rest
Ha very funny. Like I could lay around with my sister in worse condition.
We made it through that night and on to Saturday.
That is when she had the night from Hell with the nurses who basically ignored her and her pleas of pain and suffering.
My other sister came over.
Then my Aunt and her granddaughter.
We had ... seriously ....12 boys, 8 adults, 3 girls, 3 dogs and 34 grilled cheese sandwiches. I believe it was 10 package of top ramen too.
My mom was trying to hold it in for all she could, she was worried about my ever swelling feet, my sister (most of all), getting some of her church calling done, my sisters boys another night (mostly how they were handling it with mommy and not really knowing what was going on).
I was sure she would have a nervous break down.
Everyone went home, house was clean and quiet, and I wanted to cry. I could barely help.
Sunday mom took the boys back home and then she stayed with my sister at the hospital so my brother in law could take care of his boys.
I made dinner, cleaned up the house and tried not to cry.
I was so tired.
I didn't even have a chance to get used to living her in Sacramento when all the craziness happened.
My feet are freakishly skinny. I say freakishly because the rest of my body, even when not pregnant, is not skinny.
At all.
Think cow. Moo.
So my feet heavy with water, like 5 lbs each. My mom has stairs. I am worried over my sister.
Jeff. money. the boys living and adjusting to grandma's house and grumpy grandpa, another new school, the baby and Jeff being gone.
I was mental and completely exhausted.
Still I had to endure.
I wondered why I even came to Sacramento.
I doubted our answered prayers. (only for a second)
then I was gently reminded (by a still small voice), that it was right.
Our original plan was to move Labor day weekend.
The weekend my sister was having surgery.
can you imagine the chaos if we had waited?
My mother would have gone insane.
If we had waited one week after Labor day weekend, we would not have come at all.
I would not have been able to move 3 weeks before my due date. I would have just said no. I would not have been able to find a doctor in Sacramento to take a 37 week high risk pregnant woman and give her a c-section too.
I know there is a reason we are here.
My life has not been in my plans since....well forever, but nothing i have wanted to happen this year in my way, has happened.
Today I got a root canal.
On top of all that was happening last week, i lost a filling and it has been torture all weekend.
With my Non-stress tests and doctors appointments, peeing in a 'hat" and pouring it into a jug for 24 hours, (not fun by the way) blood tests, the city driving, the rude people, totally different life style then my small town life.
With it all... I am okay.
if I can do this, I can do anything.
Bonus, boys are back in school, jeff is here for a few days, I see the doc on friday and maybe we will know what will happen with baby, tooth is better....things are okay.
Not great.
I have been here for 3 weeks and I still have not seen my sister Aimee.
Now the best part of having a baby.
prepping or nesting.
Washing the clothes, and buying all the little things.
I am sooooo excited to see this little guy.
I have picked his name, but no one but my mom knows.
I miss ALL of my Susanville friends like crazy.
I am probably not missed at all.
So now that dad is off "duty" I will be able to sit at the computer more often and bore you with...my so called life.
Sorry, it's so boring.


3 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

I'm so happy to finally here the update on you and Aimee, I wish it weren't for those circumstances, but I'm glad it sounds like things are on the up at least. I hope it all calms down for everyone soon and I will keep praying for you all until it does.

Brian and Amy Wilson said...

Sounds like a crazy last couple of weeks. I hope that it gets better. We miss you in Susanville. Try to take it as easy as you can with all that chaos!

Danielle said...

how in the world could that be boring? LOL with all that drama there is nothing boring about it. has jeff put in for FMLA yet - maybe he can take a couple days extra on the end of his weekend or begining of his weekend if you schedule the doc appts right ?!? look into it it may give him an extra day a week to be down there to help out