Tuesday, September 1, 2009

When it rains it pours

Man..... i wish I had something positive to say.
People are going to stop reading my blog .
It started out okay.
I mean this week.
Uneventful and crazy.
Well, it just was. People in and out...it is only Tuesday.
This morning I got everyone started on getting ready early.
We were out the door, fully dressed, fed and Miss Emma's hair done.
Yay!
I was almost to my sisters house. She was gonna watch the kids while I went to my bi-weekly Non-Stress test at the hospital.
That is when the day just went bad.
My mom called me and told me my sisters lung collapsed and she is being rushed to the ER. (I found out later that she really drove herself)
She couldn't watch the kids.
No biggie, my other sister was gonna. Over there we went. I had to get my blood pressure checked so I had to go the the NST.
I waited 20 minutes before they got me a bed.
Then I sat for 2 hours on one side, my hips were killing me. Ready to cry and so hungry. I finally ask if I can flip over.
They were trying to get a good "baseline" which means ... they need to find the regular heart rate of the baby. so the can measure where the irregular heat beats are if he has any.
He was being difficult.
I left starving and trying not to cry.
My brakes are grinding so loud I am afraid to drive. Get food.
I get the kids, get gas, and back home. the whole day was so exhausting, I practically pass out on the couch.
Thank goodness for my other sister....I have 3.
I love being home.
She came by after work and cooked dinner.
My mom was busy helping my sister in the hospital and then at her own doctors appointment. (another thing we all stressed over, but everything is fine)
Thank goodness for my sister. She got dinner going.
Now remember, they aren't letting me do much around here but fold clothes, my lunches and basically hold down the couch.
So for me to drive clear across town and do all these things, wore me out. I am not used to it.
Because I was at the hospital for 4 hours I missed lunch.
I love being in town.
Anyway, long story short...it was a very long day, of doctors and broken people.
Well, a lot of family I knew went to a doctor or is suffering.
My dad and 2 oldest boys are going to Susanville with my brother in law and his brother with 2 trucks and 2 trailers to get the rest of our crap...I mean stuff... to bring back to put in storage. Jeff is gonna drive his 4-runner home, (hopefully it will make it home.)
Sooooooo excited to see Jeff tomorrow. I haven't seen him since early Saturday morning.
It will be a short trip.
But he will be back next Monday night. He will drive back my Dad's better working 4-runner and use it to travel back and forth until the hardship transfer comes through or December when he finally does transfer home.
It is really weird to be here. It is like we are visiting, but then you really think about it and I am really home.
Did I mention that I REALLY miss Susanville?
Well I do.
And mostly the people that are there.
I may have a gymnast in my tummy. This kid will not give me a break.
Maybe he is telling me to go lay down, before my already swollen feet explode.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

why don't you call my dad to have him work on your brakes ( unless you have a family member that can do it for you) that will save you some money he is a lot cheaper then a shop

The Petty Family said...

Your mom has all her kids home....yay for her and YAY FOR YOU :)
Take care of yourself Katie!!
And tell your "collapsed lung" sister to take care of herself too!!!
You've both got me worried.

The Petty Family said...

I forgot to tell you that I LOVE the new background!!