Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ahhh..... Home sweet...home?

It was a bitter sweet site to see this town as we drove into it today.
I REALLY like it here..... But I like my family more.
I don't miss the family drama though...whew!
We did have a blast. We rolled into Sac on Saturday, June 28th. It was smokey and yucky and hot.
Sunday, We got up and got to church on time!!!! It was a really great ward. If we ever get to move back to Sac, I wouldn't mind being in that ward.
After church my mom made one of my favorites.... pot roast with mashed potatoes and carrot gravy.... not gravy made with carrots, brown gravy with big pieces of carrots. Yummy!
Monday was Nathan's Birthday... I will post all about that later.
Tuesday was slow but busy... I can't remember what we did... oh it is gonna bug me.
Wednesday was crazy busy.... Shopping for last minutes things for the fourth, and getting Emma's pictures taken. SO cute! I will post more about that later too.
I bought a few Cache Candles from my good friend Danielle. Well it was really her Mom. (who is so cool, by the way)
But seriously, I am so gonna have me a candle party. As soon as I get into the other house. (Let me know if you want to get one.)
Thursday was more running around, the boys hit the $3 movies and saw Iron Man with Daddy and Papa Jerry. They loved it.
Friday was suppose to be an early day, but Emma was up late and so we skipped the Pancake Breakfast in my Sister in Law's ward/stake. We did make it to the Rancho Cordova 4th of July Parade.

Back to Mom and Dad's to get ready ( I made THE best jello fruit salad, I will get permission from the one who gave me the recipe and then I will post it. You HAVE to try it) for the annual trip to Uncle Kenny's house for the 4th of July. Alot of my cousins go , Aunts and uncles, this year my whole family was there!!! so fun. (except for the few in Florida) My Uncle has a huge pool and we BBQ and this year was even more fun with the new quad thingy... My 12 year old nephew Coleman was able to drive, which by the way, I mistakenly took a ride with him and screamed most of the time. The fun didn't last long. Coleman and a friend of my sister's crashed the thing into a fence and turned it on it's side. No, Coleman wasn't driving.
It had a roll bar for just that sort of thing and no one was hurt.
But in the middle of the BBQ, my camera died.
So no pictures.
I will have to get them from my mom next week when she comes to help us paint. Yay!
Saturday, Jeff and I got to go on a date to see a movie...We splurged and went on the weekend and so it was only $3.50...each..... we saw "what happens in Vegas"
SO funny!!!
We wanted to leave this morning at 10am, but we left my parents house almost an hour late, then after a few stops, a sisters, target, Deseret Book store, gas station, we were off.
After a few potty stops and a few more in Reno for Groceries, Sam's and Winco... we finally made it home.
Now that I have bored you with the mundane happenings of my trip. I will go... because I need to catch up on my soaps... teehee and DVR'd shows.
There is so much to do now.
Oh yeah, guess what.... I am moving in Two weeks.
Feel free to help me, clean, paint, move and find boxes for me.... oh and pray that I don't lose my mind.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

do you feel like everytime you go home you spend your whole life savings since there are actual stores to shop at? ( my life savings is not that big mind you)

thanks for the Cachet plug!!

and yes anyone who wants candles from susy or sac I can add them to katies party total so she can get some free ones for her new place!!! We (my mom really) have all sizes and scents in stock so the wait time from ordering to getting the candle is very very small!!

Farley Smiles said...

I always loved that meal too! My mom always included the carrots of course, too!