Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Town

Our little town hosts the county fair. It only last a week and we have never been.
It cost money we don't have or we are gone.
They also host a parade down main street.
The parade last about an hour and it is really fun.
The boys favorite part is the candy. The paraders toss candy to the kids.
I think it is tradition in the town.
I took some pictures. We planned to sit with my good friend Jana, but when we finally got there the parade was about to start and she was clear across the street. We waved to Jana and her family and turned around and found our new good friends the Heffners. (Oh my heck, they have the cutest kids.)
It was their first town parade.
My boys sat with the Heffner boys on the curb, and us parents sat in the shade with the little ones.
I got a few good pictures.
*side note - I am not liking my camera. It isn't taking very good pictures anymore. I need a new one. My birthday is coming up.Hint hint*

In order of sitting Left to right - Ethan Heffner, Nathan, Matthew, Caleb, Sammy, and Caleb Heffner.

Saluting the flag. Jazz Band..... which never played until it was half the way down the parade.
Scampering for candy.
Main street. The end of the parade passed by.
This isn't all of Main street. It goes up a few more blocks. We even have 2 movie theaters.
I love this town.
One of these days I will take a bunch of pictures of my favorite places in this great town.
And then you can see where I live.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

you know i am a town lame too we have so many activities but i never go partly cause i never know about them till they are over but also cause i am just lame LOL