Sunday, July 27, 2008

Girl Shoes

Yes, I am a girl. I like shoes.
But this post is about Emma. She LOVES shoes.
I have become more practical in my older years (tee hee) and do not spend money on extra shoes just to match an outfit. Unlike my mom who has more shoes and boots than I have ever had in my entire 30...something years. (I spend my money on more scrapbook supplies)
my sweet girl has quite a few pair of shoes. I pulled them out of the drawer they were in and put them in a basket.
She will not leave them alone.
She carries them around and just likes to hold them. She is not into the wearing them a lot phase. She loses balance in shoes and she is practicing her quick walk.
And shoes just get in the way.
But they are pretty.

Here are some totally cute pictures of her and her shoes.




Now, to most of you this is nothing big.
You might be thinking..." So she is a girl, girls like shoes, what's the big deal?"
Well, my answer is this.
I have waited a very long time to have a girl and every little girlie thing that happens is one of the best things to ever happen.
Even if it is just teeny tiny, totally cute, little girl shoes.... all in a row.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girlie girl!!! Bring on the shoes, Mama! She can handle it ;) You deserve those girlie moments, Katie! You HAVE waited (as you say) "five-ever" for them!!!

Kasi said...

I love, love, love little girl shoes! Emily has more pairs than I do. But I don't think it's just a girl thing--Jake loves his shoes right now and always is carrying them around with him, asking to put them on!

Kasi said...

I love little girl shoes! Emily has a mountain of them in her closet!
But I think the love of shoes is just as much as age thing as a girl thing--Jake is obsessed with shoes right now! He always have to have a pair on!

Kasi said...

ha ha, sorry I keep posting comments because I thought it wasn't working, then I just noticed the message at the top--so you'll just have to deal with a ton of comments from me!