Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Such a cool story.

It was Easter Sunday and jeff's parents were on thier way for dinner...
This new guy int he ward just called me on Sunday while I was feeding Emma. he wanted to see our house. I though it was odd. something hit me. I knew his wife would be gone for Easter so I invited him for aster dinner. I thought it sucked to be away from your family for a holiday. So before I realized what I was doing I inveited him. I never do that kind of thing and I have never even met him before.
I figured he could finally meet Jeff, since they work at the same place. And since this ward has invited Jeff over while I was gone when we first moved here, I thought I would return the favor.
I almost called to back out when jeff didn't get home when he was suppose to. which only meant one thing, he had to work overtime. But jeff's parents would be there so it was okay.
here's an interesting story.
Jeff's brother Steve died about 8 years ago. His parents have been looking for one of his missionary companion to let him know that Steve died. They never could find him.
I informed my in-laws that I invited some one else over for dinner too. They were fine with it, no problem. They found out he was from Modesto, CA. That just happened to be were Steve's missionary companion was from.
She asked, if he knew of someone by the last name of Bingham.
He said yes, his wife was a Bingham.
She asked "do you know a Jeff Bingham?"
He said yes, that is his wife's brother.
Whoa!
I know, totally cool. They have been trying to find this guy for 8 years.
If he hadn't come over for dinner, if I hadn't acted on impluse and invited some one I don't even know... So cool.
they exchanged email addresses and they will be able to chat with him soon.
You wanna here somthing really funny.....when he first called he was calling the wrong house.
He thought he was calling someone else.
Too funny.

3 comments:

yoga said...

very nice, sanks.....
занятия йогой

Kaci said...

The Lord works in really mysterious ways doesn't he? That is a way cool story!!!

Farley Smiles said...

I love a good story like that, it's one to file away in your head and pull out the next time you need to teach a lesson on listening to the spirit, I might just have to save it in my head myself, because I can never think of my own stories when I need them!