Sunday, March 30, 2008

Okay, I can't believe it has been 14 years!!!

We got engaged 14 years ago today.

Here is our story:
Jeff and I both went to American River Junior College.
We both attended the LDS Institute of Religion too.
We were both involved the Institutes' Fraternity and Sorority.
We had seen each other in passing and he would say Hi. I said Hi back. I really didn't mind cute guys saying Hi to me.

At one of the Sorority activities we invited the fraternity guys to come and we all had to bring a date. It wasn't Jeff, I brought a friend. Bob.. no sorry Bawb. He was funny. But not as cute as Jeff. And that is who I chatted with all night.
Jeff ate all my brownies I had brought. He was so sweet.

He got my phone mumber from a friend and waited 2 weeks to call me.
March 12th 1994:
On our first date, was awesome. We double dated with a friends of mine. Terry Knootz and Nicole McCallister. Nicole and I giggled all through dinner. We were so stoked I was on a date with the cutest guy in Fraternity.
We went bowling and then to a Young Adult dance at the church and then out for Leatherby's ice cream. We both got bubblegum ice cream and decided it was gross and my dog would eat it.
He hugged me goodnight.

I saw him the next day at my brothers Missionary farewell. We spent the rest of the day together at my house. He played Uno with me and my sister an my ex-boyfriend, Brady Ellsworth. (The Brady came to say goodbye to my brother. He even told me to marry Jeff.)
Jeff stayed for dinner and and scored brownie points with my mom by taking out the trash.
He kissed me that night. I had to ask for it. It was a nice return missionary kiss. Too funny.

We dated everyday for the rest of the week.
At the end of the first week we realized we were in love.
Yes, love. He just fit into every thing I ever wanted.

A few days later my family was packing for our annual beach camping trip to San Clemente Beach. My mom asked if Jeff was going to come. After the shock of that, I asked him to come. He didn't have a job at the time, his parents weren't thrilled but gave him some money to go.

March 30th 1994 -
After a stroll on the beach away from my family. Jeff and I were making out! (yes, we did that stuff) and we got to talking, I asked him never to leave me.
He said "Well, I guess we will have to get married"
I said...well I just kissed him. And he asked if that was a yes, I asked him to ask me offically, and then I said yes.
So 2 weeks and 5 days after our first date, we got engaged.
I love you Jeff. Forever.

This picture is from the day that we got engaged. (Later that night)




This is the Lo I made a while back. Don't laugh. It was one of my HOF enteries. tee hee. From 2004


3 comments:

Kasi said...

sounds like me and Kev! Happy Anniversary!!!

Farley Smiles said...

I never knew that you dated Brady Ellsworth. We totally know him, he was in the Deaf Branch with us and he does work on our house in C.H. for us. I was at Shane's farewell and did I play Uno with you guys? I do remember Jeff and your mom being impressed with the garbage thing! Anyway, I'm surprise we never made that connection before.

Danielle said...

oh my h3ll you dated brady?!? i wonder if i ever was introduced to you back then?