Wednesday, April 1, 2009

APriL FoOls DaY

(3 posts in one night... are you amazed or annoyed....?)

Today a friend of mine called and asked if she could have a few drops of my pee.
Okay, so she really didn't ask that way.
She decided to play a April Fools Day prank on her hubby.
She wanted me to take a pregnancy test and she would leave it in her bathroom for him to find after work.
I said...heck yeah!!!!!
I try and pull that every year on Jeff. ( not the test thing,just announcing it) Sometimes it works, this year for obvious reasons...it didn't.
I went to my appointment peed in my cup. (standard procedure) and then asked if I could have the left overs....
Heck yeah I did!!!!
They did look at me funny, but I explained why. They loved it....okay, they didn't "love" it, but they laughed with me.
And plus, I wasn't sure I could pee twice in one hour. (I'm not that far along, gosh!)
She came over, I took the test, and surprise, surprise.... tee hee... it was positive.
I anxiously awaited the results of the prank.
But...her hubby heard on the radio, (either on the way to work or home, I can't remember) about what kinds of pranks people do on April Fools Day, and that was one of them. Wives getting a friend to take a pregnancy test. And he guessed it was me right away.
Bummer, it would have been awesome.

We did play a prank on the boys, and maybe it was mean, but we didn't let it go on and on.... we told them we were moving back to Sacramento.... but we are not.. not yet anyway.

The best of today, was me getting Jeff. (on his way home from work, in his really loud truck on his phone)
I told him I heard the heartbeats today... he didn't get it.
I told him that there were two heartbeats....
"Whaaaa?" was all he could say. I am not mean, and so I didn't let it last.
But I scared him good.
Anyone out there pull a prank today?

2 comments:

Lively's said...

I called Nancy early yesterday morning to ask if she was still planning on doing it. She said she didn't know, but I told her if she wanted to use my pregnancy test from the night before she could. She totally fell for it and thought I was pregnant...That was my only April Fools joke this year. But last year, I told my whole family that I was in labor, and then that night I really went into labor, and no one believed me. Sad. But little PeyPey was born the next morning! So no April Fools there! That is great that you got Jeff! I love it!

Danielle said...

hahaha that was a good one katie