Monday, April 6, 2009

Cravings

Cravings are just a small part of weird things that happened while you are pregnant.
Last night I craved oatmeal chocolate cookie dough. Not the cookie, just the dough.
I had one spoonful and I was good.
That was it. I crave it no more.
I bought Easter candy today and no, I am not in the mood for sugar sweet chocolate.
I am craving Hot Tamales. I got me a box for my Easter basket.
Dinner is getting to be very hard. I am not in the mood for much.
I would love a roast beef dinner with mashed tators and gravy. I would love to hit Olive garden for their Chicken Alfredo....oh man.
And only Round Table pizza sounds good.
I get hungry every night at bed time. We are talking stomach growling hungry. Instead of ice cream and junk...
I grab a yogurt. Or sugar free Jello.
And not because I am trying to be good, because, it just sounds good.
I would almost do anything for some diet Orange Crush soda. (regular is too sweet)

It isn't just food I am craving.
Music -
If I hear one more country song, I might pull my hair out. And I like it most of the time.
I am just in the mood for some good old fashioned 80's alternative. We used to call it "progressive music"
Stuff like on my blog... Erasure, Pet shop boys, Yaz, Voice of the Beehive, Book of Love, They Might Be Giants...Depeche Mode, The Cure... OMD...all that good stuff.
I wish I had more on my MP3 player and not just on my blog.
Movies... not so much..
TV shows. Cooking shows. Gimme More!!!!! I want some more shows. Cops shows. CSI, and stuff. I am not in the mood for a love story, bleh! Which isn't me at all!

Another thing that is so not me is I want to clean everything.... I mean, everything.
Down on the floor with a tooth brush and bleach....clean everything.
I want it all organized, and I can do that, but the bleach I can not, so I get frustrated and hide on Facebook.
It is really hard to get organized when I have Emma like static cling to my side.... more frustration. My time is a two hour gap while she is napping, which isn't much time, when I have to save the dishes and laundry for nap time. (she pulls everything out of the dishwasher as I load it and she unfolds everything I fold) I am so frustrated.
With Jeff's help we are moving the boys from the small "butterfly" room to the big room when we get back from spring break.
So now they will have a big mess to clean, instead of a small one.
I have to pack up most of my scrapbook stuff and put it away in the garage. There is just no room for baby #6, Emma and my stuff in the little "butterfly" room.

I am nesting already and I am only 14 1/2 weeks. I have a long way too go.
Now I must wash clothes so I can pack.
What are you craving?

2 comments:

Kaci said...

I'm totally NOT pregnant, but I am so craving sleep!! Maybe that just goes with being the mom. When I was pregnant with Faith I craved banana splits, with the other kids, I don't really remember, although I do remember with Nephi that I craved no pain. My cyst was growing right along side him and it really hurt! Other than that I just can't remember.

gigharborscrapper said...

I still have cravings and I am not pregnant! With Adam I craved tuna fish and then they said tuna was bad for you so I went back to cheeseburgers...then with Victoria I craved Watermelon...go figure.