Saturday, April 18, 2009

Home and Spring Cleaning

We are home. We got home Thursday, but I tried to avoid the computer.
I completely ignored the unpacking all day Friday and escaped with some friends to dinner and the movies on Friday night.
Today, I have caught the bug.
The spring cleaning bug.
Well, maybe a bite from the bug, and since I am not allergic to this bug, it only lasted a few minutes.
I really want to clean out all the closets and pack up or get rid of anything I don't need.
I am sick of all the crap we have accumulated in these three years.
I did clean up the kitchen and mopped the floors...but I watched a movie and pigged out on left over Easter candy with the boys instead.
Being home is making me homesick.
I am ...it is a bittersweet feeling.
I REALLY don't want to live here anymore. I am sure this statement will make a few people happy and a few (hopefully) sad.
I do like the town and the new friends I have made this year.
But as I have always said before....I love my family more.
I used to live in an apartment complex with my sister....well sisters. We have all lived there at some time. But I really got to know my nephews and niece. I miss them a lot. They have all changed and I hate I missed all these changes.
The newer ones that have been born since I left do not know me. And I really hate that.
We are a very close family. We rarely fight with each other. We are 100% there for each other, even if we mess up.
We are thinking about trying to transfer home to Sacramento. We do not know how long it will take. I am hoping it will be before the baby is born...but i highly doubt it. .
It could take a whole year. I mean we have tried this once before.
And we are still here.
I am crossing my fingers...and toes...and eyes and everythign I can cross... I have never wanted it this bad before.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

i know ya want to move and it will happen eventually - yeah I keep telling myself that about our transfer LOL but we are only trying to transfer here not to sac LOL we are #6 on the list and have been for oh 9 months now and soon it will be time to turn in transfers all over again urg -

i got bit by the bug too but man my kids did not LOL oh well i tried

Julie said...

Katie I totally understand where you are coming from. We HATE Long Beach! Our hole we live in is horrible and in the HOOD! We don't like our ward either. So sweets, I so understand. We are looking to move to Santa Clarita which is a little closer to my fam. I am happy that Brian's fam is so great. It helps so much since I am far away from my fam. I am sad to think that Ryan and Steph's new one that is coming in July won't know me like the others do. :(