Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my recipe.
I have never shared this with anyone before.
I have never tasted anything like these.
Close but not as yummy.
I almost know this recipe by heart.
I found this on the back of a package of chocolate chips about 12 years ago. You should see the copy of my recipe. I lost it once and had to go on line to find it. It was not the same.
I did find it eventually.
I ALWAYS double this recipe. I have actually never made a single batch....uh...funny. The dough freezes great.
You can just make plain oatmeal too. Nuts or no nuts... still very good.
I think I will make some more tomorrow. Jeff did only get a few from the last batch. (slow poke)
They just sound good.

Katie's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/4 cups margarine softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups unsifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
3 cups uncooked oats
1 12 oz bag chocolate
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven - 375
Mix butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamed.
Add egg and vanilla and cream together.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oats.
Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Bake 10 minutes

I would share a picture, but they got eaten before I could get a picture.

No comments: