Saturday, July 18, 2009

28 1/2 weeks

I can't believe I am 28 weeks already.
I realize this will be my last time ever being 28 weeks.
We have decided we are done having kids and while I am already cut open due to having to have a C-section, I am getting my tubes tied.
We know it is the right choice.
Our family is almost all here.
I know with all my heart we picked each other to be a family in the pre-existence and my children have been waiting to join us here on earth.
I am not sure why they chose me for their mother. (maybe they know something I do not)
I love them all and I am so happy they are mine.
I can't wait to see this little one.
We got to have another ultrasound this past Wednesday. (it took me forever to finally sit down and scan the pictures)
He is doing great.
Right now he is breech, which, come to think of it all my kids were breech about this many weeks. They all turned just in time.
But we don't have to worry, since I will have the c-section.
The Ultrasound Tech was asking about gestational diabetes, (but my tests were fine) Because she said that there is a little too much amniotic fluid.
I am waiting to hear from my doctor to see if she is worried or not.
He is the cutest little thing.
We got to see more of his profile. And his face.
He looks like Caleb and Emma did during their ultrasounds.
These 3 ultrasound pictures...well unless you were there...it is hard to tell what everything is.
I did some editing to the pictures to show you.
Such a cutie pie! He almost looks like he is smiling!
He loves to have his arms up by his ears.
Am I excited to have this baby? YES!!!!
Am I excited to be done with this pregnancy? Yes!!!!!!
Am I excited that after this baby I never have to be pregnant ever again? Heck Yes!!!!!
Am I super excited it is a boy, still? Truth, honest truth? No, not really.
I REALLY wanted a girl. (but you knew that)
Everyday I spend with Emma, makes me want another girl more and more.
But I KNOW, I love this baby boy or girl.
It will be an adventure. All my kids with me, one grand adventure.
So far this cutie's name is Dallen Carl Bigney.
Jeff is not sold 100%, especially the middle name.
It was my Great-Grandpa's name. My mom told me about him and how wonderful he was. He was her "buddy". She would hang out with him for hours when she was little. I just felt the peaceful feeling that was his middle name.
Jeff likes Wyatt better, but I think it is because his Mom likes it. I want a family history middle name. Wyatt is not a family history name.
His first name Dallen...well I am not sold 100% on it either. more like 95%
I just don't know why. But I like nothing else.
I call him Dallen all the time.....but it doesn't seem quiet right.
Seeing his name typed for the first time...I almost cried.
Maybe it is his name after all.
So to sum up this post....
Baby and mom are doing well.
I have pain in my hips and heartburn.
I am still nesting. Which is frustrating since I have to pack everything and move out of here.
I want to put stuff away in places, not tape them in a box.
Cross your fingers and toes for me.
I need it.

1 comment:

ruthgalloway said...

Katie, I'm so excited you are doing well! I like family names too. Both Elyse & AJ have family names. Elyse's 1st name is Patricia (my Mom). Elyse & my mother (Elyse called her "Nena") were the best of friends! AJ, aka: Arthur James is named after Brian's Dad & Brian's middle name. I love it! I remember working in newborn nursery "years ago" & I always wanted to know what everyone named their babies! I thought it was neat to find out "why" they chose the names they chose! One couple named their little girl "Billie Ruth"... no kidding! She was named after a grandmother.
If this is any consolation... if you had a 2nd girl, she most likely would have been the EXACT opposite of that sweet little girl you have!
I think boys are cool. When they get mad about something, they usually get over it quickly... girls tend to let things "fester".
Things WILL work out. I have you guys in my thoughts & prayers often!
Just be good to yourself!
Sorry so long.... :)