Sunday, July 19, 2009

Moving

Man, I forgot how hard moving was.
I haven't moved in 3 years.
And then it was a 3 bedroom apartment and 4 little boys.
Now I have a 3 bedroom house with a garage, pantry room/laundry room, a shed in the back yard full of stuff , 4 boys and their stuff, a little girl and her stuff, my scrapbook stuff, a dog (still deciding if we should take him with us or not) and more furniture and stuff than we had before.
We opted not to get a moving truck. We are counting on the good graces of our friends and their trucks.
We figured since we are moving in town, it hard can that be?
But now I see, it is going to take 3 days to move all this crap!
Oh my heck, and I have run out of boxes!!!!!
I still have a pantry, and 3/4 of a kitchen to pack. Plus some of Jeff's stuff from the garage.
Emma's room is just a few boxes of toys and her clothes, the rest is big items, (dresser, desk, crib).
The computer, and a 2 shelves from the linen closet with stuff we might need.
The wonderful priesthood members from my ward are coming over to help move on Thursday.
The landlords (long story) are waving the deposit but we have to paint and clean the carpet. We are prepping the walls Monday, starting painting on Tuesday and part of Wednesday, cleaning the carpets Wednesday so everything can be moved in by Thursday.
None of my brothers or my dad will be here to help.
I am so freaking out right now.
EEK!!!!
Will I get it all done?
I am so worried about what the other ward members will think of my house and all my crap.
I NEED to have it all packed my Thursday morning at 9am.
Jeff is getting a bunch of boxes from work. but I will need like 20 more.
I am sooooo cheap, I don't wanna buy any.
Well, truth be told we are broke.
So need free boxes. I will have to hit up the grocery stores tomorrow.
So much to do, so little time.
Moving really stinks!

3 comments:

Kaci said...

I know moving stinks, but I am glad that you found a place. Is it about the same size as your current place?

Christine Duerksen said...

Let me tell you, it is really hard to move even in town without a moving truck. It took us all day, shuttling stuff back and forth. Moving is not fun at all.

Mary Child said...

Oh my gosh Katie, you have my sincere sympathy; moving is SUCH A NIGHTMARE! I hope it goes as smoothly as moving can go... best of luck to you guys!