Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Moooooved!

And Internet!
So glad to have my Internet back.
And so much to share.
We have moved.
My mom came last Monday night with 2 of my nephews, Coleman and Jake.
We took her straight to the house so she could assess the situation. We knew we needed to paint, but the carpet needing to be cleaned was questionable, but she agreed.
(We found a great deal. Call me and I will give you the number, if you are local.)
Tuesday morning we taped and prepped the house. Man it was hot and oh boy did it take all day. My super awesome friend Monica came over with her hubby and kids and helped.
By Tuesday night we had begun the primer.
There was a turquoise room, we didn't paint. (Matthew and Nathan's room and they liked it.)
A Christmas room - Yes red and green.
The family room, the dinning room, living room, and long hallway didn't have to be primed, but the brown wood trim did. (we still have to paint white)
The master bedroom was a circus purple. and periwinkle. Lovely, if you like those colors. I just wanted a plain off, off white. It is more of a tan, but then in another room, it looks yellow.
I LOVE IT!
We primed anything that was taped off.
Wednesday we began to paint. I couldn't do a whole lot, anything sitting in a chair level or standing level was all I could do. Bending down and squatting was not good for me.
Can you say contraction?
We barely finished the paint, except the high ceiling trim before midnight.
Thursday the priesthood members showed up at 9ish and loaded our house. they got everything out of the inside except a few closets in a matter of hours.
My good and awesome friend Kim Jensen watched Emma and Sam so they weren't in the way.
thank you!
My mom left Thursday around 3, I hate it when she leaves.
The boys and I emptied the closets in about 2 to 3 loads. They were so good.
My boys are awesome, they deserve a lot.
They moved and moved and loaded and unloaded. I don't think I would have made it without them.
A few weeks ago Jeff just decided, he didn't know why at the time, he decided to get July 24th off. So Friday we finished the rest of the inside and moved stuff around in here.
Saturday was getting more stuff moved around and organized and a trip into town for supplies.
I was beat! and hot.
We realized our dryer is a gas dryer and there is no gas hook ups here. (so spread the word, we need a dryer for cheap)...we are line drying our clothes. What a pain! I will never take my dryer for granted again. Now i have to iron!!!!!
We also have no cooling system. not only am I pregnant and already hotter then everyone else, I am melting.
We had to invest in a few fans. And it really does cool down in the evening, by 3am we are almost cold.
I do love this house.
I am so grateful for my prayers being answered.
What a miracle it was to get into the house.
We are in.
We are still unloading boxes. We are not unpacking everything. We have put in our transfer to Sacramento and are waiting.
So we decided to wait and see.
As for the old house, today the RS came and helped me finish the cleaning.
We forgot about the primer we promised to do over the pink and brown butterflies in Emma's room. And the duct tape still stuck to the window from our Christmas lights this last year.
We have emptied the storage shed except for a pool (yay) and some snow tires we will not need this winter.
Tomorrow Jeff is making a dump run to get rid of a bunch of trash and junk we do not want to move out here. We have some firewood that Jeff cut down with a friend last year. Jeff the ding dong, gave away all of our wood last summer forgetting we might need the firewood in case the power went out. We are giving it to my friend Jenae who can use it this winter. (We have no fireplace here!!!)
After that we are officially out of the house.
Whew!
I really don't wanna do that again.... at least for a little while.

No comments: