Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas time is here

As I start this post, it is just minutes from being December.
December!!!!
Can you believe it?
It went way to fast. It was just Christmas, wasn't it?
So as I look at the calender and the many things going on this month, I am planning on filling the other days with other things.
Things that are tradition in our family.
Like -
Our Tree. The first Saturday of December we go and get our tree. This year we are cutting it down fresh from the mountain. (since it is only a $10 cutting permit)
Passing out a Christmas CD. I did it a few years ago and I really liked it a lot better then baking a ton of cookies. This year I want to do it early so anyone I give it out to will be able to enjoy it longer. (biggest fear - they will hate all the songs I have chosen)
Taking family pictures for our Christmas card. My awesome friend Jana is going to take our picture this year. She is a really good photographer.
Wrapping presents. My goal is to get the gifts wrapped almost as soon as I get them into the house. I wrapped five-ever last year. I don't wanna bother this year.
A Christmas party. I was thinking of having a party this year. Just a few problems. I hate this house (no matter how hard I clean, it never looks clean enough) and everyone we know works with Jeff and has a different schedule. So who would be able to come to my party?! When would I do it?
Matthew's birthday - He will be 13 and I have to do something fun.
Christmas baking - I have to make the traditional cookies. It just wouldn't be Christmas with out it.
Christmas crafting - I have things I need to sew or make. A whole list of things. If I ever get time to do them.
So much more to do this month.
I have to finish shopping, too. EEK!

What do you do in December?

2 comments:

Mary Child said...

Your December sounds busy- ours is too- but you're doing better than I am. At least you have an "outline" written down.

I am SO AMAZED that people can host Christmas parties! Are you an insane over-achiever or just a social butterfly? Just thinking of hosting a party brings me close to a panic attack, but I am so grateful that there are people like you out there willing to throw them; there's nothin' better than enjoying the holidays with friends!

So I was going to comment about your "friend" situation, and in the spirit of leaving a "comments-friendly" remark, I just wanted to tell you that most of us have experienced similar things (I've had TWO friend-falling-outs in the past 10 years) so just know that you're not alone! I remember feeling a whole range of emotions; mostly anger but also betrayal, confusion, sadness, rejection... it takes awhile for emotions to settle, but in my case, now that time has passed, I just see that we were different people with different ideas, and it's easier to accept the loss. It can be painful/maddening when you're going through it though. I hope things smooth over quickly for ya...

I think the Christmas CD idea is awesome!

I'd leave my to-do list/traditions, but I'm too overwhelmed to deal with it right now! Apparently, I need to get a little more organized. (We did take our family Christmas picture already though. We wore Santa hats on the beach)!

Thanks for getting us in the holiday spirit, and Happy Holidays Katie!

Danielle said...

ok loving the new blog page

and we love the cd the kids listened to is 3 times the day you gave it to us - which honestly was a little much after 3 times they all love the last song LOL oh and another fav is the melting snowman song