Saturday, November 8, 2008

I hate Saturdays

Yes I do.
I hate that the boys are home all day. I hate that no matter how I reward or discipline they still make me crazy.
We have a rule at our house. No taking food unless you ask mom.
Not all food. Fruits are totally free game when ever you want. A glass of milk and sliced cheese too. Pretzels and fishy crackers (mostly known as Gold fish crackers), they can have a bowl or baggie full. They can have popcorn and even a cup of noodle soup.
If they ask they can have one granola bar and/or a fruit snack.
But Mom's snacks, and Dad's snacks for work are off limits.
Oreo cookies, bottle water and anything saved for bag lunches are on an ask only basis.
So why, do they do it any way.
They know they will be punished.
They know they will have the wrath of Mom.
They don't care.
They really just don't care.
Until after I have caught them. Then they try to say they are sorry.
I have to sit here and type for a minute. To calm down.
They just don't care.
I have taken privileges and even not purchased a few things. I have hidden food.
I have to hide food.
Maybe I am just a really bad mom.
I have the feeling I have screwed up some where.
I hate Saturdays, because this is what happens every Saturday.
My house, even though I am here, gets so bad. And then I make them clean it and they do it all over again.
This week I am so lucky. They have a FOUR FREAKIN' DAY WEEKEND!!!!!
Yep, I get to do this for a few days.
I have gotten no where in my book. I am waiting for a quiet moment that I don't have to be interrupted every five minutes.
Pray for Jeff, he is doing better.
But pray for me.
And For my kids. They may not survive this FOUR FREAKIN' DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kaci said...

After just having survived my Saturday, I totally feel for you!! We don't have a 4 day weekend, but I am dreading Thanksgiving break...now it is 10 straight days of kids home...not looking forward to it. Don't feel bad, we have hidden foods as well!