Monday, November 17, 2008

I finished it.

I...am at a loss of words.
(warning: boring history of my life)
Anyone who really knows me, knows that I really couldn't read until 9th grade.
I could read the words, but half of the comprehension was lost. Not because I didn't know what it meant, but because of the learning disabilities I had.
I could read and read, and not really comprehend what I was reading. My mind was so focused on the words that I didn't input it into my brain the meaning of what I read.
One of my teachers in the 9th grade told me to get a book that looked interesting. She could tell I loved any stories about love. (most girls at that age are in love with being in love)
I found a book and read it very quickly and I even absorbed every word. I can even tell you now what it was about. (I won't bore you even more, but it was called Julie.)
Yes, I do have a point. (I do feel this blog is, in part, my journal, my diary, my confidant)
I have read MANY love stories through out these MANY years. Some, to be very honest, "Smut". (those were read in my rebellion years.) Most were stories of Love.
I LOVE to read. I read everything I can. I tried the thick instructional and self motivating books, I lose my train of thought just thinking about them. Tee hee.
If there is a good story, I am there.
Okay, now my point....
THIS WAS A GREAT STORY!!!!
I am tearing up. (I am goober, I know).*sniff
Did I mention, I sometimes get emotionally involved with my books? Well I do.
This series of books...wow.
I flirty and giddy with Jeff with the first one "Twilight". I remembered what it felt like to fall in love with Jeff. (Although, when I met Jeff it was like our spirits were just reuniting, but it is the same feeling).
I got depressed and sullen as I read the second one, "New Moon". (Team Jacob!!!)
I laughed and was happy and sarcastic with third one, " Eclipse". (Team Jacob!!!)
This forth one which took almost a whole week to read. (so not liek me to take so long) I just had so much to do. And then I was too tired at night to read. I tried to read but I feel asleep.
I will not spoil it for anyone who hasn't read them yet.
I was thrilled, and scared, and WAY shocked at all the things that happened in the forth book, "Breaking Dawn". I loved the end. A perfect love story ending.
I just want to read them again. (I can't Jeff is reading the first one... I KNOW!!!! Cool huh.)
I am grateful for good books.
And for Stephanie Meyers and for her imagination.
She has taking me on the best trip to Forks, Washington.
A trip I will never forget and always treasure.

Side note:
Jeff and I have been fighting for time to read. The boys have witnessed this exchange and are now fighting for time to read. Sammy was trying to read Harry Potter. How cute is that? But being the freak of nature that I am, I have a special bond with the HP books. (I have marked the pages, highlighted and wrote notes in the margins.) They are not allowed to touch those books. I will have to get all of them on paperback soon.
I do need more books for them to get into. I guess we will check out the library. There is always Santa.
Being a reader by example for your kids, really works.
Now if only it worked on cleaning.....

6 comments:

Kasi said...

wait, so you were on team jacob? and I loved breaking dawn too! Kevin's read them all too, he loves them.

Katie said...

I am Team Jacob and Team Edward.
I love them both the same.
Jeff is really enjoying the first one.

Anonymous said...

Katie... I FINALLY mailed my cards & recipes. My only excuse is that I have been working. Sorry!
To make it up to you, I included some books for the boys. Let me know if they like Magic Tree House or Goosebumps, I would love to share with them! AJ LOVES to read! So, we have lots we can share!

Anonymous said...

Glad you finished the books. I loved the ending as well. I look forward to her next set from Edward's point of view. I think Stephanie left the door open for many additional books. I hope she will continue the series as I think many of us get attached to them. A sign of a good book is when you feel you are a part of their lives. I felt like I was in Forks watching it all go down..lol.. Glad to know Jeff and the boys are getting excited about reading... way cool!

The Bjurstrom Family said...

yeah I'm glad you finished. I was totally team Jacob!! i was a little bummed, but sTephenie did a great job "tightening up the loose ends". I'm currently reading Angreay housewives eating Bon Bons. So far it's pretty good. I totally want to start a book club now:) Hope you are well.

The Fishers said...

There were times I did not like the last book and times I only cared about one dark-skinned boy, but somehow I thought she managed to pull it all together nicely in the end. I will be excited in a few years if she comes out with the next generation and we can see the next love story develop.