Monday, September 29, 2008

Anti-depressants and scriptures

I figured out something and i am so excited.
I have always have been a slow learner.
The normal average person takes a short or normal amount of time to figure things out, well, it takes me freakin' forever to figure it out.
I have been depressed off and on for 14+ years and I can finally say, I am not anymore.
I was seriously thinking of getting some medication from my doctor to help me and a funny thing happened.
I started reading my scriptures.
I know!!!!
Whodda thunk it?
In a previous post, I posted that I am addicted and I am trying to read the whole Book of Mormon before my birthday.. October 27th.
Since I started reading (and praying too) this wonderful (and highly recommended by me) book, I have realized that I am so happy.
I am not depressed.
I am someone I knew was inside but couldn't get out. I don't feel like myself.
I am way different.
I am a new me.
I like the new me.
I hate that it took me 14+ years to freakin' figure it out.

Reguardless of the countless hours and days, that I have been going to church and listening to my parents, and friends, and leaders in the church, I have been hard headed and had no desire to pick it up and read.
Oh, how I think of all the years wasted being sad and miserable...
My children have caught on and now are praying together in thier room, and wanting to read together before bed.
I think my regret is far worse when it comes to my children. The things I could have shared with them....
Now is the time.
Especially in this day and age.

As for my progress, if you are wondering..... I am at Mosiah 16!!!!

And as I said before in a previous post... if you want a copy of the Book Of Mormon, leave me your email address and I will send you one.

It is free.

If you want to know more about it , you can go here.

3 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

You are such an inspiration, it reminds me of where I need to be.

Mary Child said...

Katie, you are so nice! Thanks for your comments on my blog; I so appreciate your supportive words and compliments. I really regret that I didn't get to know you before you moved away, but thank goodness for blogs, right?!

I actually don't remember where we got that dog. His name was Blackie; I think Chris brought him home (I was 5 or 6 in that picture, so Chris would have been 15 or 16). We ended up giving him to my grandparents b/c they had acreage and Blackie was much happier with room to run and chase birds & mice.

Thanks again for your comments Katie; I don't know what I would do without the support of friends. Thank you.

Mary Child said...

Very inspirational post, by the way. I need to be doing more of the basics... keep us posted on your progress!