Monday, September 29, 2008

BFFive-ever Flashback

Okay, so on a friends blog, she was posting on friday's a flashback.
I mentioned, that I should find a real flashback and so here it is:


This is when our friendship began.
This is Elizabeth.
We were both at an Especially For Youth overnight activity in Manteca, CA at the Manteca Water Slides.
We were the best of friends since.
Unless I was involved with a boy. Then I wasn't a really good friend.
Dumb boys.... don't judge too harshly... I was a bratty teeenager.
A few more adventures later.... I think we were getting ready for a youth dance.
We would go almost every Saturday night.
She was way prettier than me.

This was in 1993. One of our last Grand adventures. I wanted to go to Apple Hill, CA for my birthday. We went up and took all day. We had so much fun.

I think we also met up with someone Elizabeth knew for a Halloween party the Young Adult ward up there was having..... Dumb boys.


Posers.....

This was one our last.

We all went together to send my little brother off on his mission. I had met Jeff already and I was already spending most of my days with him. I totally ditched her and have regretted it ever since.
(tee hee, I totally cut off Shanes ex-girlfriend)

In between all these pictures, we had the best times together. We loved going to the youth dances, and young adult dances.

We had a million sleepovers.

She liked my house, and I liked her house. (she had a really cute brother..sorry Biz the truth is out! lol)

We went to Dillions beach a hundred times. Mounatin Dew, pringles and amazing fruit was a must have on a beach trip.

Tennis Class!!!

$1 Movies!!!

Oh man, New Kids on the Block!!!!! Do you remember the story I wrote.

Didn't we go to Disneyland once too? That guy on the Safari Tour was hitting on you!

Almost all of my good memories of teenage and young adult years have Elizabeth in it.

We drifted apart after we both got married and had kids. We have seen each other, here and there, alot at my parents Halloween parties, in the years that have past.

But really, I miss those days. Most of my music on my blog reminds me of Elizabeth and all the fun times we had.

If you have any picture of those days, Elizabeth.... i would sure like to see them.

7 comments:

The Bjurstrom Family said...

I totally remember you guys looking so young...... aren;t memories great..... so which bro, donnie or mike????

Katie said...

Donnie... Duh!
Mike was aewsome though. We had a lot of good times cutting school.He was soooo funny!
Him and Bill Hinds!!

The Bjurstrom Family said...

I figured it was donnie but you never know.......

The Petty Family said...

Okay...so I've been wanting to comment on this since yesterday, but life kept getting in the way!! So I'm staying up late to do this so I won't get interrupted. Where the HECK did you get those pictures??? I remember the Apple Hill ones....but that Manteca one....that's just mean :) I agree with everything you said in your post. Although "dumb boys" did get in the way every once and a while (and some of them were REALLY DUMB!!).....I still miss those days too. SOOOO many great memories....getting a "little" lost in the blue Camero on the way to the beach....pizza night at your house every Friday (I always tried to be there for that)....helping your Mom with her crafts (I always think of you and your family this time of year while putting up my decorations)....making our own Halloween costumes (mine was a "little" immodest. Do you have any pictures of those? My husband says he remembers seeing a "Tinkerbell" at that barn dance. Weird huh? I guess we weren't meant to meet then)....cleaning your room (I LOVED doing that)....the trip to Utah with your Grandparents (why did we go with them again?)....sneaking into one of my "dumb boys" room to decorate it for his birthday....all the ones you listed, and so many more!! Did you know I never knew you liked my brother!! At least I don't remember knowing :) I liked your brother on and off through the years so we're even ;) You shouldn't regret "ditching " me. You'd met your future husband....you were in love and all that gross stuff I didn't understand yet. I don't remember ever being upset with you about that....I know I was sad because that time of our lives was over....but it wasn't too long before I was in the same boat. I wish I had some pictures to share. I only know of a few that I have, but I don't have a scanner (yet). I'm hoping to get one for Christmas! I think most of the pictures were taken by you or your parents. Did we ever hang out at my house? I only remember being at your house. I hope you didn't mind that!! Your house was a "girl" house and so much more cool than my house!!! Thanks for the flashback...it was fun!! I look forward to the next one :) My Mom e-mailed me and was all excited about this post. So thank you from her too :)

The Petty Family said...

Oh....by the way....You were WAY prettier than me. WAY WAY!!! Who were the boys always looking at? YOU!! And that guy at Disneyland was checking YOU out, not me :-D

Katie said...

I didn't know you mom looked at Blogs?!! Awesome.
I was gonna comment, I do remember the trip to utah. We were going just to go somewhere I think.
Do you remember the books we read...shame on us! I don't read those anymore.:) Erasure playing on our head phones...walkmans!!!!EEK! I feel really old.
We did get ready for a few dances at your house, but my house was really fun.
My Halloween costume was so ugly. WHy did you let me out of the house it that? That picture will not be posted. EVER!!!! I can post a pic of you, I will just crop me out of it. Barbie was is in it too.
I will never ever forget getting lost in my camero, adn then Bill hands staying back with me until my parents came to get me in Petaluma, when it broke down.
Do you rmember my first (and only, I might add) speeding ticket, on our way up to one of your dumb boys house! I can't believe I was laughing.
I never told you about Donnie, because I didn't want you to think I was hangin out with you to hang out with him.
me... Prettier... I think not. You were tall, blonde and very thin.... i was not.
Ahh....goodtimes... no... the best I think...:D

The Petty Family said...

My Mom LOVES blog surfing during breaks at work! She's one of the main reasons I started a blog.
It's funny you mentioned the books and the walkmans....that's the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about that trip. I don't remember your costume being that ugly....and I don't remember Bill staying with you when your car broke down. I remember when it broke down (we had all sorts of fun with the Camero!) but not that Bill was there. Now that you mention it...I do remember your speeding ticket! You were the best friend to trek me to a certain "dumb boys" house!!! Do you remember when I got stuck in Cameron Park after a YSA dance with my first "dumb boy"? I think you were there with your own "dumb boy" and had already left. My "dumb boys" car was having problems....or was it we were forgotten and left behind?....I can't remember exactly, but I think Shane came and picked us up. Why, oh, why did you let me go out with that first "dumb boy"?? He was SO not good for me.....I know, I know, I never stopped you from seeing the "dumb boys" who weren't good for you. We should have been better about that. Good thing we both found wonderful guys in the end!!!! I think all our parents prayers are what made that possible!! Now that we're parents....don't you feel SOOO bad for what we put our parents through?? I hope my girls don't make the same lame decisions I made!!! Ohhhh man!!! We could go on for days with the memories!!! And about the "pretty" thing....we'll just have to agree to disagree!! (though having the "cute" small nose, full of body hair and full lips is way better than being tall, thin and blonde. Ones face is what people see first, and my nose was anything BUT "cute"!!) LOL I feel like a teenager again arguing about this :) We're adults now and STILL have the insecurities we had when we were teenagers!