Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Book I am reading

One of my favorite authors and my favorite LDS author has a new book out.
I have read all but 2 of her books.
I have all but 2 of her books. I am addicted to them.
I always get one for my birthday and one for mothers day. ( Cause that is when they release the books)
I have read most of them 3, even 4 times.
She is amazing.
I highly recommend this book.
Here is a little info she wrote about the book from her website:

I've had the honor of studying and writing about Emma Smith. I was asked by the Joseph Smith Jr. and Emma Hale Smith Historical Society to write a biographical novel about this great lady in order to show her life (specifically the years she shared with Joseph) from a more accurate perspective, and to also illustrate the human experience in a way that is more appropriate and respectful than many books that have been done in the past. The myths, misconceptions, and prejudices about Emma are as endless as they are absurd. I'm grateful for the opportunity to help get the story straight on her behalf. Satan's vengeance on Joseph Smith has surely been to create such prejudice and discord in regard to his family, and especially his sweet wife. It has been a challenging and rewarding project, and a great honor. I've come to love and respect Emma deeply! A film on Emma has been made by the same society and will appear in many theaters through the spring and summer of 2008. It should be available on DVD in the fall. The release date of the book is still uncertain. I encourage you to support the film and the book and to spread the word, since all proceeds go to the purpose of gathering the posterity of Joseph and Emma and uniting them in the cause that Joseph gave his life for. Also, now available on DVD is "The Times and Teachings of Joseph Smith." (You will find my endorsement on the cover.) This is a sister project to the Emma film, and its proceeds go to the same cause.


If you do like to read "Romance Novels With a Real Life Edge" (Quoted from her site) and you wanna borrow some of mine. I am more than happy to share.
If you do get to read any of her books, please let me know.
I would love to talk about them to someone.

2 comments:

The Petty Family said...

I like her books too! But I haven't read as many as you. Have you read any books by Marcia Lynn McClure? She's and LDS author who writes CLEAN romance novels.(I know how you love a good romance book;) I went and saw the Emma movie and it was very well done. I think I'll have to pick up the book. I need a new book to read....and I'm still being a rebel and refusing to read the "Twilight" book series. :)

Danielle said...

um reading what is that? i can barely keep up with reading your blog...