Wednesday, June 24, 2009

15 years

Today marks 15 years being married to Jeff.
I wish I could be happy.
HE IS AT SCOUT CAMP!
I didn't even get a Happy Anniversary text!

But I do love him, and I do love that we have been married all this time.
We have never done anything exciting for our anniversay, except our fist one.
I was pregnant with Matthew, and we house sat for my boss while they were out of town. Then we left for the beach. It wasn't fun. We kinda got lost, did alot of driving never found a spot at a beach to be alone. I think we even fought.
Did I mention I was pregnant? I wasn't very far along, so I was still very tired and sick.
The last 14 years since have been a dinner and a movie, or one or the other, or we would make a nice dinner and eat it alone.
This year for #15 I was hoping for something nice. A trip to Reno.... alas... it was not int he cards for us.
I never told Jeff what I hoped for. He is such a nice guy, and he knew they needed help at scout camp. What do i say? No.
I couldn't.
He will be back tomorrow and I am thinking he will be tired.
Oh well, it is just another year together right?

1 comment: