Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vacation

Wow, I never really realized that Mom's or Dad's REALLY don't get a vacation.... when they take a vacation with kids. It is all work!
I think I really have broken my foot... or toe... it really hurts. Like can some one cut it off?because it is not worth it.
Go see a doctor you say?... heck no.. not here. When and where would I go... plus it costs money.
I guess I am cheap. Don't worry, my mom will make me.
I also don't wanna ruin what ever time the boys have here.
I did make it here with no problems... except I really wanted to spank Sam and Caleb for fighting. 
Man it was bad. I threaten to pull over but didn't have to.
I have planned the week.
And was ready to get it started with an early bed time, when Emma who only slept an hour the whole car ride, feel off the swing with Caleb.
 Caleb was just trying to have fun and play with Emma, I guess he lost his balance with her on his lap and they both fell off. He had a huge knot on the back of his head and Emma, a swollen nose and fat lip.
She screamed for an hour and a half.
Caleb we kept a close eye on and is doing fine. the knot has gone down.
Emma... was just miserable. After Tylenol, and a good clean up... (did I mention blood everywhere and all over my new shirt?) She fell asleep in my arms after screaming an hour and a half. 
Then my brother Shane and brother-in-law Ryan gave her a priesthood blessing.
I was freaking out. (I should have gotten a blessing too.)
She woke up right after the blessing and screamed another half hour. And then just like that, she was fine.  And was back to her self and would not go to sleep.
I feel asleep for a few minutes while waiting for her to... call it a cat nap if you will, then I told her it was time and she went to bed.... so weird.
Poor baby. 
We were gonna have her 2nd birthday pictures done, but her face is all scratched up and red... maybe we will see how she feels and looks on friday.
So my week is now all changed.
Vacation is so hard. It hasn't been much fun. 
the boys have worked very hard being very helpful. Mostly going up and down the stairs.... did I mention my mom has stairs? Killer on my foot!
I am so tired I am getting slow.
Off to bed, hopefully my "vacation " will be better tomorrow.
Cross your fingers.

3 comments:

The Fishers said...

Fingers crossed. If I were more organized and not so busy, I would have your gift ready to give to you while you are here in town... but alas, that is just not me. Don't worry, I still haven't forgotten and I still have the rest of the year.:)

Danielle said...

do not stress about the 2 year old pics cause I know a lady who takes wonderful pics that lives in CRAPHOLE I bet you you could get great pics taken by her here

Kaci said...

I think you should do the pictures with her face all banged up. That's how she is now...I know, I know you want them to be perfect, but then it would be perfectly Emma. I'm glad you made it here okay. I hope your toe feels better...have a fun vacation!!!