Thursday, June 11, 2009

okay...time to blog.

last night I stayed up way late with a couple of friends and their hubby's, playing cards. SO TIRED!!!!
No offense boys, but I kinda like "just girls" card night the best.
So last week I got to go with a great friend..Monica... and my best-est friend...MY MOM....to see..... MOMMA MIA the show.

It was really fun.

They day started with Jeff letting me sleep in. Then I got ready, did my "chores" and then about 1pm I was picked up by my GREAT friend Monica. We left so excited...singing Momma Mia so loud and then I realized I had no confirmation number. What is worse... I remembered my email with the confirmation number had been accidentally deleted!!!! what do I do now?

My tickets were at "will call". Jeff helped me and got a hold of someone at the theater and they said as long as I have my credit card I used to buy them and I my drivers license I was okay.

As soon as we hit Reno, we shopped. I had food shopping to do and Monica needed to get some big items. Costco was first. Then Wal-mart for ice we forgot to buy at Costco. (I am getting my own membership when I get to Sacramento next week. I really like it there.)

We met up with my mom and hit Toy-s-rus for Emma birthday presents and then over to dinner....OLIVE GARDEN... the best place ever!!!! I had my favorite dinner.... Chicken fettucini. YUM -OOOO and expensive-oooo

Then we headed over to the theater. FREE PARKING!!! Found our seats and waited. My poor mom had to sit behind the tallest guy in the building and got a cramp in her neck from having to lean over. After intermission she switched seats.

The show: It was good. We loved the songs. And there are about 3 or so that are not in the movie. Some of it was too crude for me. Too much boob grabbing and laying on top of each other....I dunno... call me a prude.... but they soooo could have left it all out. Some of the costumes accentuated the male "part" a little too much for my taste.

My mom followed us home (i sat in her car) and she got to stay with us until Sunday. We did NOTHING!!!!! It was nice. My mom hardly ever gets to do nothing. Always so busy helping this person or that. I needed no help so we just hung out. So much fun. There weather wasn't nice. It rained the whole time she was here so we didn't get to hit the lake. And my Mom is not used to the weather up here and froze. Poor thing.

This is the last week of school. No.... there is only one day left. Boo hoo. I am not looking forward to it at all. Boys home, fighting, bored. We hope to get a trampoline. Maybe that will help.

Emma's Birthday is Saturday. She will be 2. I can't believe she is 2. That was a very fast 2 years. We are having her party at Eagle lake. Just cupcakes and punch. (anyone is welcome)

Sunday after church, the boys and I are leaving to go to Sacramento for a week. I am terrified to drive. In all my 3 1/2 years living here I have never driven home. Jeff always drives. I am so nervous. The boys are excited to go home. Emma can't wait to see Papa.

Okay , so you are caught up. I will probably blog while in Sacramento. Wish me luck on my drive. So scared!!!!

2 comments:

Christine Duerksen said...

Your drive will be fine. I have done it so many times by myself and with Devin (with me driving because he just got off work) and in the snow! If I can do it, you can!

Kaci said...

I totally know what ya mean about the 2 year olds. Nephi's birthday is tomorrow!!!

As for the drive to Sac....invest in Duct tape...my kids love to make things with it and I've heard it makes a good muzzle if you get desperate! :)