Friday, June 19, 2009

Writing a book... or thinking about it.

I am thinking of writing a book.
Okay, come back after you have stopped laughing.
Yes, Katie can read, and write.
 I wrote a silly little book in high school. No I won't tell you what it is about, because it is too embarrassing. This book started out as a note to be passed on to a friend. It just got bigger and longer.

So I was making a joke the other day on Facebook about writing a book called....
 "101 things I never thought I would say to my kids"
Well, I decide to write down my life with 6 kids... mostly boys.... instead.
Some ideas for a few chapters came to mind on this vacation and while talking to my Mom. She kept saying..."I have been here. I know what you are dealing i with." or " I said that to you guys."

The chapters that came to mind..."why"....  and "Duh"... and a few more.
I am asking for quotes from other moms. 
Even if this book is just for me.... it will be nice someday to have written it all down.
A book of advice for Mom's for future generations.
Not that I would have believe any of it if I was reading it.
There is just so much in my life that is "what the french toast...No WAY!"
Anyway, I was just thinking about it.

2 comments:

ruth said...

Katie... I really think you should! You have such a unique way at looking at things! I like your sense of humor! It may actually be something very constructive & positive for you! Whether it's published & read by millions or just my your family & future generations in your family. They will be able to read the collection & say "Wow, how did she know what I would be going through?!" Why is it the younger generations always think they have it harder or NO ONE knows what they are going through?!
I say "Go for it!"

The Petty Family said...

I TOTALLY remember that "silly little book", but I don't remember it being silly ;)
I'm with Ruth.....Go for it Katie!!