Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Feeling Old

My second born, Nathan turned 11 today.
He has been in the double digits for a year now, this one just seems worse.
He is no longer a little kid.
He can babysit Emma for 30 minutes (max).
He isn't a CUB scout anymore.
He wears teenage size clothes.
He no longer qualifies for a "Happy Meal".

He asked for a "Rip Stick" for his birthday.
We said maybe, it depends on your grades. (at the time they were $89)
His grades were not good. He was devastated. Jeff said no way.
I asked him if he wanted cash for his birthday or presents. I was gonna spend like $50.
He asked for the cash. Plus money from Grandma Susi and the price of this crazy looking skate board being lowered to $59 ....he was able to get his "Rip Stick"
(He has to work off some extra stuff he wanted by picking up dog poop, separating cans and bottles to recycle and help cleaning the garage. because he went over)
This afternoon I took him and 2 friends to see Transformers 2.
Great movie. Some swearing and dog leg humping. lots of funny parts. MOSTLY ACTION!
I will not be taking anyone in my family younger than 10.
We are having a sleepover now in the back yard in a tent. With S'mores.
We were going to do Root Beer floats, but after cupcakes and S'mores... I don't think we will need it.
I am gonna go hang out in my room and watch TV and fold clothes while they watch a "guy flick". All the others are going to bed. And hopefully soon, the 3 11 year olds will retreat to the backyard.

I have a glucose pregnancy test tomorrow at 7am.
No eating for 12 hours before. Which means, no midnight snack of an apple. I peal and cut one every night before bed and I snack on it all night when I wake up to go potty.
I only get water.
I have now watched all the boys and Emma eat a cupcake with frosting.... I am dying here.
I am doing my test that early so I don't have to watch everyone eat the pancakes and sausage for breakfast.
I hope I make it through the night.
It has been a good and long...very long day.
Happy Birthday, Nate.
I think you are a great kid. I am so glad you are mine.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!! Sounds like a fun party!! I hope your test goes okay.