Wednesday, June 24, 2009

15 years...lucky me.

I never thought anyone, especially a good Mormon boy, would want to marry me 15 years ago.
Certainly not a Returned Missionary.
I was kind of what some other Molly Mormon girls would call "wild".
OH NO... I wore cowboy boots...EEK! and I drank mountain dew!!!!
I know... a rebel.
It makes me laugh to think about it.

I am so glad I went to school that semester.
I am so glad I joined the Sorority.
I am so glad he called me for a date. (even though it took him 2 weeks to call....chicken)
I am so glad I didn't take it too personal when he talked about my best friend on our first date. (I knew he wanted to ask her out too)
I am so glad he like country and hated the bubble gum ice cream we got on our first date. (so gross...not even my dog would eat it)
I am so glad he didn't take it personal when I couldn't stop giggling with my friend and fellow double datee Nicole. (I was just so excited to be on a date with THE cutest guy in Fraternity)
I am so glad my family LOVED him. (Our second date. He took out the trash on a very busy day at my parents house, and NO ONE asked him to. Major brownie points from Mom)
I am so glad we talked for hours on our 4th date. (we kissed a lot too...great kisser.)
I am so glad he joined my family on our annual beach vacation in San Clemente.
I am so glad he proposed to me there. (especially since it wasn't planned and had only been 2 weeks and 5 days since our first date.)
I am so glad he prayed about it in the San Diego Temple... to make sure he was right.
I am so glad he he was right.
I am so glad he didn't make a fuss over not having a white tuxedo at our wedding. (gross)
I am so glad he made me feel beautiful that day. (even though my gorgeous curls I worked on for hours fell flat as soon as we hit the Oakland air...still sad my hair wasn't right...silly I know)
I am so glad I married him for time and all eternity.
I am so glad my Heavenly Father loved me enough to give me what I always wanted... I fairy tale.
My memories of the whole thing, a dream.
Meeting him down to our wedding day was that of a fairy tale.
A fairy tale perfect for me.
He is everything I ever wanted.
Still....
Still when he walks into the room, I get giddy.
Still when I see him smile, I get woozy.
Still when I know he is pulling up to the house after work, I get so excited I can't help but smile.
Still when I see his green eyes I melt.
Still when I watch him with my kids, I love him more and more. (if that is at all possible)
Still he makes me so happy.
Still, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

It has been an adventure.
Lots of things have happened in the last 15 years.

In the last 15 years, we have had: (to name a few)
7 cars
5 TV's
moved 5 times (4 were in the same apartment complex)
have had 5 1/2 kids
2 dogs
19 jobs (18 of them were his)
8 couches (to me this is funny...we only purchased 1 brand new)
A hundred hard times
A thousand fights
A millions laughs
A billion wonderful memories
15 years of happiness

No, the fairy tale turned reality most of the time, but I wouldn't change a thing.
He is my best friend.
He is the best dad a girl could ever ask for her kids.
He treats me like a queen...of which I know I don't deserve.
I can't wait for the next 15 years.
I love you Jeff.
Forever and ever....and ever.
I miss you today.

3 comments:

Kaci said...

That is a fantastic anniversary blog! Congrats on making it 15 years and I wish you a gazillion more!!! You are very lucky - and so is Jeff!!!
Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!! mine is in November, it will be 13 years! I loved this story. I'm glad you guys have each other!

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary!! That was such a sweet entry.