Sunday, February 8, 2009

Don't have that loving feeling....

There is no love today.
Sunday's for most people are great.
Not for me. It is one of my least favorite days.
I know, it should be my favorite day of the week, but it is not.
Jeff has to work.
I have to take them all to church.
I have to be responsible and take them even if it is the worst thing ever to do.
Big surprise...they don't want to go. (I know, I am a bad mom, they hate church.)
Big surprise...they fight me the whole morning.
Big surprise...they end up giving me a headache and I end up in a not very spiritual mood.
I am prepared with all their church clothes and shoes already the night before.
After church is not much better.
I just spent the last 30 minutes yelling and breaking up fights and pleading, and begging and trying not to cry.
I stare at the clock a lot.
I count the minutes until Jeff comes home from work.
I don't feel good anyway.
I am feeling no love today. I should say, I feel no like today.
And that is just for my children.
It won't last.
I will be that mom that admits that her kids are not perfect.
I have probably done something wrong in my parenting.
They are not bad kids, they are just not model children.
One of these days a miracle will happen and Jeff will be able to go with me and it will be less stressful.
There is still be yelling and begging a pleading.
Lets just face facts...I can't make them like to go, I can't make them be nice to each other.
If you can make them, you are way better at this than me.
Only 24 minutes and 30 seconds to go......

3 comments:

Danielle said...

sundays are hard if they were easy we would all be in church every week dallen fights me too and half the time i want to give in and just say fine we will not go sorry you are having a bad day

Katie said...

Jeff's home... it is much better now.

Anonymous said...

Don't give up Katie. You keep bringing them. You are tough and you can do it.