Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update On My Cupcake Recipe

Okay, today one of my scouts had his last day in out group.
So I made cupcakes.
Now, I tried the chocolate like I said I would and the only thing I noticed is the brand of cake mix.
If you want fluffy, extra chocolate-ty cupcakes, use Duncan Hines with the dry pudding.
If you want moist, dense cupcakes, use Pillsbury.
And it is the same for the white cake mix too.
If you want a strawberry shortcake, dense kind of cupcake, use only the Pillsbury.
Huge difference.
The Duncan Hines cake mix was just too fluffy for me. Even with the added dry pudding mix.
Although the chocolate Pillsbury was still a little fluffier than I expected.
All in all the best part of the day was the cupcake batter.
Did I ever mention how I sometimes make cakes and brownies just to get some batter?

Okay, It isn't an exciting post but I wanted to share my discovery.
I am very passionate about my cupcakes.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

thanks for the tips I usually only use what mixes are on sale LOL i am cheap LOL

i have a good cake mix i made last night If I get organized today I will post it on my blog for ya

tylersgirl said...

Thanks for the tips. i need to write it down. I have a girl=friend who makes them from scratch. what a pain.....