Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Word Wednesday: Love

love
1: strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
2: attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers
3: affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests
4: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion
5: the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration
6: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another


There was so much more in the definition, but I had to trim it down.
Plus, this goes better with what I wanted to talk about.

My loves.
I have quite a few. A very long list.
I have been shown love a lot lately.
It is the "love month" but it made me realize how much I am loved.
(Not that I am bragging)
1. Jeff -
I love him more than anything. And I know he loves me. He took care of me this last week while I was sick. He took great care of the kids and the house while I rested. And I didn't have to ask. He even danced with me at the Church dinner dance. He never makes me feel ugly. Even when I think I can't get any uglier. (some days are bad, you don't know)
2. My boys and Emma. They know I mess up. They know I don't remember everything, but they are great kids. I love them almost more than I love Jeff.
3. My sister Aimee.
She amazes me. She can do anything. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. (and she is smokin' hot) She is one of my best-est friends. She is just the best.
4. My Mom and Dad
Well, cause she is my mom. She is also amazing. (I think it is where my sister gets it from). You just have to trust me. She is the best mom ever invented.
My Dad is the smartest person I know. He is so clever. He shares my love of movies, and books, and music. He is so generous and kind. He can built anything with cardboard, hot glue and duct tape. No, I am not kidding.
5. My family.
Jeremy, Shane, Aimee, Sarah and Carrie. All equally, all the totally the same. They are the best family a girl could ever ask for and I wonder sometimes, what I did to ever deserve them.
6. BFFive-ever Amy
I have mentioned her before. She truly is the best. We can talk or not talk for hours on the phone. It is weird if I don't talk to her everyday.
7. My friends.
Yes, I have friends. You may not believe it, but there are some people out there that think I am okay. They know my faults and like me anyway. I am so glad I have them and love them like family. I can't name them all. You know who you are.
8. Music.
I love it. I think it should be on all the time. Anything but Gangster Rap.(sorry rap fans) I even like Polka. I know.
I love Love Songs. I just love music. It makes me smile. It makes me happy.
9. Books.
Reading is something I didn't always love. It was hard for me. that connection in the brain..well..was just not connected. I found a book that helped me. A Love Story. And I haven't stopped reading since.
10.My Savior.
I almost didn't put this one down. He is ALWAYS on the top of my list. But this is so personal to me. Not something I was sure I wanted to share.
I know He is there. And I know He loves me. Even when I mess up. Even when I make mistakes.

Okay, so now that I have bored you with my top ten loves list.... what do you love?
Please leave a comment and name one thing you REALLY love.
For some reason, as I reread this to make sure everything was spelled right, I got all weepy.
Tears and everything.
I wonder why?

2 comments:

tylersgirl said...

I am glad we have an unspoken agreement to neversay this stuff aloud. I am a blubber butt.
so thanks. I love you too.

Julie said...

That was an amazing post Katie! I have too many loves to name, but my husband is an amazing man and I love him very much!!