Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Susi's Sugar Cookies


My Mom makes these every year for Valentines Day.
Because my Grandma Astle made these every year.
Last year Mom mailed them to us.
This year we met in Chico and she hand delivered them. An extra special treat.
They are THE most delicious cookies ever made.
I know you will never believe me, but really they are.
So, you go and make these and then you tell me if they are good or not.
Trust me you won't say the are not good.

Susi's Sugar Cookies
Okay, I just got yelled at for sharing the recipe.
So Sorry.

Amazing Frosting
1/3 cup margarine
1 box (1lb.) powdered sugar
3 + tablespoons milk (add to desired consistency)
1 tsp. real vanilla (real vanilla is very important)
tiny pinch of salt
food coloring (optional)
Mix all ingredients until creamy. Adding milk a small amount at a time for desired consistency.
This year I made the boys wait a whole 5 days before they could eat their cookies. They were for Valentine's day. I kept them in a Ziplock bag and hid them out in the garage. (our garage is like a fridge in the winter) and it doesn't matter. They are so much better after sitting with the frosting on them for a while. One day, two days, frozen in the freezer for a month or two... still the best ever.
I am not sure I am even close to explaining how good these cookies are.
Oh well, you will just have to try the recipe and let me know what you think.
My mom made me an extra one. She is so nice.

These cookies are the size of my hand.

3 comments:

The Petty Family said...

So I guess you're letting the secret out!?!? (if people haven't figured it out with the 5 1/2 on your blog name ;) )

CONGRATULATIONS :-D

Troop 1309 said...

YUM!!!!

gigharborscrapper said...

Ok, I want some of those cookies RIGHT NOW...glad you got to enjoy the "baby" one : )
Valerie