Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Word Wednesday: Rumors

Rumors
1. general talk not based on definite knowledge; mere gossip; hearsay
2. an unconfirmed report, story, or statement in general circulation

This word has been in my mind all day.
Rumors are nasty little things.
It happens and it sometimes can't be helped.
Jeff hears rumors all over work and most of the time it is not true.
The media is famous for spreading rumors.
Rumors are often spread in families and friendship circles.
Some rumors are hurtful and outrageous.
There is a rumor going around about a few people I know.
It makes me sick.
I can not and will not share it here. I would just feed the rumor.
Although, I do know this rumor to be false.
It makes me sad that people are like this.
I mean, I know it happens and it know most of the time someone misunderstands a conversation and shares it with a friend.
I know that sometimes the rumor is spoken out of concern.
I know it happens, it just makes me frustrated.
I do not claim to be innocent.
I am sure I have been involved in a rumor.
But who hasn't?
It just happens.
I just hate when it happens to someone I know.

3 comments:

tylersgirl said...

rumors stink. I don't even read magazines anymore. most of it is only 1/3 true.

Danielle said...

just tell me if it is about me LOL

Dodge Family said...

Yeah, tell me about it. Sad we can get sucked into hurting the ones we care about so easily!