Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I wish I could say it was filled with love and roses.
Nope.
We got new furniture.
Yay for me, but ugh....
Jeff has just become this freak about it.
WE HAVE FOUR BOYS!!!!!
Did he really think they would know what not to do with new furniture?
Did he really think the front room would stay clean 24/7?
Does he really think all the yelling and harsh tones and mean things he says is going to work and make them remember?
So frustrating.
Our Internet has been out.
We think it is our Vonage box. We have had it for a while and I think it is just burned out.
We are calling tomorrow.

I am still very sick. this cough/cold thing is killing me.
And I can't take anything.

Friday, we spent most of the day, get the house ready for the furniture and then rushing to help set up lights and some decorations at the church for the Sweetheart dance.
The dinner dance was fun.
I was trying really hard to have fun and not cough on anyone.
The food was great.
The music was good.
The friends we sat with were awesome.
Then the dancing began.
Okay confession: (it is what my blog is called, right)
You know, I am not fond of my size.
I am so self conscience of what I look like there was no way I was gonna "shake my groove thing" on the dance floor in front of everyone. I didn't even want to slow dance with Jeff.
Well, mostly because I felt like crap.
I texted my sister, 'cause I was bored...everyone I knew was dancing.... and she told me to "shake it". I told her why I didn't wanna, she said, that only I care about it.
So I danced. (thank you Aimee)
Not very well.
I did a great impersonation of John Travolta in a moment of insanity. And thanks to my friend Emily, there is a picture of me on Facebook in all my glory.
Don't worry, you aren't missing anything.
We stayed and took down our decorations and helped with all the rest (we aren't even on the committee, it is just how I was raised, kind of a "force of habit" kinda thing.)
We got home, we put the boys to bed, Jeff freakishly cleaned and put or leftover tri-tip we purchased in the fridge...we got into our HUGE new bed.
OH MY!!!!
I have to get a step stool soon or I won't be able to get into my bed.
Jeff says, that last night was the best night of sleep he has ever had.
That mattress is like sleeping on a cloud.
I didn't even need the TV on to fall asleep.
I did take pictures of everything, but I am too tired and too sick to load it.
Plus, it is all on my new camera and I haven't figured out how to load them yet.
Yes, I got a new camera.
It isn't what I really wanted but for $75, it works better then the old one.

I hope all of you are having a good Valentine's day.
We just slept in forever and then ate our YUMMY sugar cookies from my Mom.
Jeff made everyone clean...again... and then Jeff bought me a new computer chair.
We had to buy the growing boys new snow pants, and thank goodness they we on clearance.
back home to watch Madagascar 2, (I feel asleep.)
I made everyone favorite Lasagna for dinner, and my hero of a husband go me online.
It was really nice spending the day with my family.
They drive me insane but they are pretty awesome.
I really love them. and am looking forward to adding to it in September.

I know, that I bored you with my "lovely" day.

3 comments:

gigharborscrapper said...

=Ok Katie...fess up...any reason you"Can't take anything?" : )
There is nothing better than a good mattress. I remember one we slept on in Vegas at the Bellagio...I will never forget it.
Sounds like a fun day, hope you got pictures of the dance so you can use one of those awesome valentine's swaps on it.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? What are you adding in September? And WHY can't you take anything for your cold & cough? Enlighten me PLEASE!

tylersgirl said...

You can take sudafed, I gotta put GoGo down but I am glad that you danced, and I am glad about the cloud.