Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Word Wednesday: Excited

ex·cit·ed -
1 a: to call to activity
b: to rouse to an emotional response
2: to increase the activity of
3: to raise to a higher energy level

I am so excited.
Life is pretty good, besides me being tired all the time.
I think I found a helpful cure for the tiredness.
Vitamins. I know. Duh. I started taking them on Monday and I feel a lot better.
Which makes me excited!!!!
But I am so excited we got our taxes done.
I am excited about what we get to spend our tax refund on. (once it gets here)
I am excited that the drama in my life is taking a break....I know, now that I have said that, something is going to happen.
I am excited about seeing my in-laws tomorrow...hopefully - weather permitting.
I am excited about girls movie night on Friday.
I am excited about Jeff's birthday party on Saturday. (his birthday is Monday)
I am excited about going to Chico for Jeff's birthday on Monday. (with all the boys and meeting the In-laws for lunch)
I am excited that the boys are doing pretty good in school. (not great, but pretty okay)

There's more to be excited about, but I can't talk about it yet. (not set in stone ...)
But there are things I am not excited about, too.

I am not excited about the furlough days the Governor of this state has taken for all Law enforcement officers and state workers. 2 days a month. (which is a 10% decrease in pay.)
I am not excited about going off caffeine for a while. (It helps me thinks straight, dagg-nabbit.)
I am not excited that my sister is not having a good day. Or week or month.
I am not excited that we have to take all the boys to Chico with us on Monday. (dumb school holiday)
I am not excited about not being home for Valentines Day. (I want my mommy)
I am not excited about having to clean my house all the rest of the night. (you know, just in case my In-laws come - weather permitting)

I know this emotion will not last. It is me after all.
I am fickle...wishy washy...emotional...I can be a mess sometimes.
So I wanna know....what are you excited or not excited about?

3 comments:

tylersgirl said...

Excited is a very interesting word. i am impressed at how many ways you can use it.

I want a scrabble a day calendar again.

Katie said...

Those were the best!
I need another one too.
I need a scrabble day with my sister.

Danielle said...

at least you can see some positive things to be excited about -

i am just currently in the stressed out because of anri mood -