Friday, May 15, 2009

Boy Names

I have to get serious.
I know I have time. I have until Spetember 24th.
But have never not had a name.
You see, with all of the boys and Emma, we had names already, so as soon as we knew, boy or girl, it was set.
And they all came out, and looked just like the name we picked out. There was never a question.
Emma's name I have had since about the time I was pregnant with Nathan.
I held on to that name for 9 years.
Sammy's name I knew before I had Caleb. I was still pregnant and I said to someone, "If I have another boy his name will be Samuel."
Nathan's just seemed right.
Matthew was almost Calvin, like Calvin and Hobbs. Which makes me giggle because he is just like Calvin. Always in a day dream, thinking about anything other than what he is suppose to be doing or thinking.
Caleb was actually a name my sister Aimee wanted. I got pregnant first so I got to use it first. She had Carter a few months later. Caleb would not have fit his personality anyway. ( i know she would agree with me)
So now, I am 22 weeks pregnant with my VERY LAST baby.
A boy.
And I have nothing.
And not for a lack of trying.
Haven't I been asking for a while now?
I don't want it to be different. Like Porter or Jackson.
I don't want it to be to Bible like. Like Luke, Peter or John.
I want it to flow with the rest of them.
Matthew, Nathan, Caleb, Samuel, Emma..... I mean Jeff and Katie are not anything crazyand I think they all flow together....
I need a flowy name.
I have already listed the names that are not available. (check a previous post)
Daniel, I just don't like.
We already have a Robert Bigney...twice over I think.
Micheal is a no.
I need some help.
I am hoping my next ultrasound (which I think I mentioned this before) will help spark a name. If I see his face again..maybe it will help.
I have asked for help before, so I am not really asking again, but if you do have something I would not mind.
And just thinking now, I was so certain it was a girl before, any previously mentioned names I really didn't consider, so bring them on.
Help me.
I hope he has brown hair like Caleb and green eyes like Jeff.

6 comments:

gigharborscrapper said...

My friend's daughter just had a baby and named him Ryder...I love that name...my cousin named their son Stone...I love Jackson.

Katie said...

That is a little too wild for me. Jeff doesn't like the wild names more then I do, so he would laugh and say then say no.

Kaci said...

I had a great name the other day that I meant to tell you about...but I have forgotten it! :( I will keep thinking.....

Mary Child said...

Katie, I have missed so much b/c I just don't blog much anymore, but OH MY GOSH, I think you are FINE to keep venting whenever you want/need! We ALL go through disappointments and heartbreak, and I would feel THE EXACT SAME WAY if I had a bunch of wild boys and one sweet little girl; a girl who should have a sister! And YOU WERE TOTALLY NORMAL to be sad, disappointed, and upset.

It sounds like you have already worked through all your shock so my words are pointless, but Katie, I think it's GREAT that you are honest, and when I read the comments from your "Boy oh boy" post I was really surprised! I didn't expect your friends to be "worried"... I wasn't worried at all; just sympathetic! Are we both crazy and it just takes one to know one???

I am sure this boy will be the cutest little kid on the planet, and Emma will get him to play dress-up with her and all will be well. You'll laugh that you were ever disappointed, but for heaven's sake, don't apologize for being NORMAL... It's nothing but REFRESHING to read something real!

And my vote is: Sean.

Kaci said...

Oooo, Mary - good choice! I love it! Sean Albert Bigney. It sounds great.

Troop 1309 said...

Have you thought about using a family name? Jackson Earl is named after several relatives on my husbands side of the family. They have 5-6 Earl's and Jackson was a family name back a few generations.