Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Simple Things

So funny.
It really is the simple things in life that bring you the most joy.


Yesterday, Jeff and I picked up some new shoes laces for Caleb and Sam, you would have thought I bought Caleb the biggest candy bar ever made.


Today, I was back at the store, and I bought 12 tennis balls for about $8.
I am the best mom ever.
I even bought Emma a Princess ball, nope, she wanted the brightly colored yellow tennis ball.
(Tennis balls are less dangerous and damaging then real baseballs.)


Last night I decided I was done with folding the millions of gross, no longer white socks. I tossed them all out and got the boys a fresh batch. (which I have to do about 4 times a year.)
While I was getting ready to sort out Jeff's socks, the boys and Emma had a sock toss. Socks flying in the air, like it was confetti.
Laughing and tossing completely and totally happy.


We are gonna have to get used to the REALLY simple life.
Our paychecks will be docked another 5%. Which means we lose any and ALL of our fun money.
My food budget will be cut some, and trips home will only be if Jeff works overtime and we plan ahead.
Our plans of saving for a house will not be part of any plan this year.
We have to buy a newer car. Our van only holds 7 and we will be a family of 8 starting at the end September.
This will be very interesting and kind of scary.

I am grateful for what I have and how everyone is healthy.
I have a friend. A dear sweet, amazing and the best mom I have ever known. (besides my mom of course) My awesome friend just found out she has some major health issues. I am very sad about it.

But I can not complain about what I don't have anymore.
Because I have more than some people do.
Because I do have a lot.
Because I have everything I need.
Simple is not so bad.
I have been there before.
It will be good for us.

My favorite simple thing:
Watching my kids be excited over new shoes laces.
What's yours?

1 comment:

Kaci said...

My favorite simple things are a smile, a hug and a kiss.

Don't be sad for me...be happy - life is good. My kids are great and I have a wonderful set of friends and family. I am the luckiest girl in the entire world!

I love you!!