Saturday, May 23, 2009

Good News

This whole moving thing has been bugging me for weeks.
I didn't want to waste time and money moving twice.
I am not in complete denial.
I know I may not move home this next year.
I get it. I may not like it, but I get it.
It will be hard, but that just means the Lord needs us here.
So I prayed about what to do.
Do we find another rental?
Do we wait?
I got no feeling toward any of it.
Talk about frustrating.
Yesterday after Jeff got off work we had a LONG talk. He wanted to go look at houses around town. I just didn't want to.
It didn't feel like the right thing to do.
But we had to leave this house.
What if the transfer didn't come before July 7th???
What do we do?
A thought came to my mind. What if we had an extra 30 days here in this house?
"Ask the landlord", was the words that rang through my head.
Jeff agreed it would be worth asking.
But we HAD to look at a rental first. He found a house to rent for $1200 a month on the board at work. $1200!!!!!!
I know!!!!!!
But he HAD to look at it. So we did.
Wow, it was really nice for that much a month. but NO fence on each side of the house and not a very big back yard. but if it was only for a few months I thought.... maybe.
Off to the store for Memorial Day BBQ supplies... Jeff calls the Landlord and drops me off at Safeway.
Just knowing we are in dire straights and need to look for a house.
Jeff calls me from the car.
The Landlord is will to work with us.
We know he wants to sell the house, now and that is the reason for the 60 day notice.
But we will check back in every month to see if the transfer came through. But until then and we can stay here.
No moving twice, no coming up with another deposit.
No packing and unpacking while pregnant.
I think we decided that if the transfer doesn't come through this summer, we will wait.
We will move out of this house and find something different so the Landlord can sell it before winter.
We are so grateful and relieved.
We are still "spring cleaning" and packing up stuff we do not use often and storing it.
We know either way we will move from this house this year.
We have big plans for the summer to keep us busy.
Trips to the Lake and river, and trips to Sacramento. A trampoline, a mini pool for Emma, and a slightly bigger one for the boys.
Possibly a Wii. Jeff says no, I say yes. So we will see.
They need stuff to do while I am at home with them.

So happy right now. Such a huge weight has been lifted.
There is a plan.
The waiting is the hardest.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I am so glad Katie!

Troop 1309 said...

That is great!