Monday, May 25, 2009

If I Had a Million Dollars

I saw a post on a blog the other day with the same title.
It was a darling story of a little boy who had to write a little short story at school of what he would do with a million dollars.
So it got me thinking....
I KNOW I will never have a million dollars.
I don't pay Lotto and I don't gamble.
I have NO rich relatives that would leave me any money.
And unless someone in my family was extremly injured, I am not one to sue anyone for money. So the only way it would happen is if it fell in my lap.
I know that won't happen either.
And I know you are not supposed to lust for money.
But a little day dreamin' about it is okay, right?
We all NEED money.
It is our only way of taking care of our family's needs. Our only way to survive.
I got me thinking about what I would do with a milion dollars.

I decided to make a list. It is okay if you laugh at me.

here we go:

  • I would have Jeff's 4 runner completely over hauled and looking awesome so he can drive it for fun.
  • I would buy Jeff a new truck. (we will call this his "work truck")
  • Down payment on a house. Nothin fancy, just big enough for all of us, plus a scrapbook room.
  • I would get a Wii for the boys.
  • I would buy a suburban or our family.

I am sure after all of that, I am out of money. But if not, I would put the rest in savings. I do have 5 missions and 1 wedding to pay for in my furture. Along with college.

What would you spend that much money on?

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hmm...
I have lots of things I would like!
I would quit my job that's for sure!
I would buy a house in California close to my daughter so that when she has children, i would be able to see them anytime I wanted!
I like my car & Brian has a new truck, so no needs there.
I have no credit card debt, so no need there either. I would put some away for AJ's college.
I would some more away so that I would never have to work again... nothing against being a RN, but those 12hr shifts get in the way of my family life & scrapbooking!

I think that's it.... makes you think, huh?!