Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sick

So I woke up this morning with a runny nose.
I was hoping it was allergies, but alas it is not.
Emma did not take a nap yesterday and since Jeff and I were doing a dinner and movie double date with some friends, I didn't worry. She will just go to bed easier.
HA!
She fell asleep as I was getting ready for dinner.
We tried to put her to bed, but she woke up. Did I mentioned she had the cold first?
She didn't feel well. She was happy and playing all day so I didn't think any of leaving her home with her brothers. She just had a runny nose.
She wasn't cranky for them and all was well, dinner was gross (Black Bear Diner) and took forever, we almost missed the movie.
We hit Uptown theaters here in Susanville and along with our double date couple and 3 other men in the theater, we watched the best movie I have seen all year.
Star Trek.
If you haven't seen it or even thought about it....seriously, no fan or fan ...go see it.
It is worth it.
If you didn't grow up watching Star Trek (we were forced, we didn't have a choice) then you probably won't get some of the inside jokes, but it really is good.
It is very exciting and never a dull moment.
We got home in time, to put Nathan (who refused to go to bed earlier) and Matthew to bed. Feeling really bad because the next day was a school day. (I know I am a bad mom)
And to clean up the very big mess they left after babysitting.
I can not go to bed with the floors a mess. Drives me crazy.
I think I got about 2 hours sleep, between Emma, the heat, and Sammy.
I am so tired.
My head hurts. My throat hurts.
I just want to sleep.
Tomorrow is my ultrasound so hopefully I will feel better by then.
I just realized I bord you with my life.
Sorry about that, it must be the cold.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

i woke up with one today too it suck!

The Petty Family said...

Unfortunately, we don't get to see movies in the theater very often so I think I'd pick Wolverine (who can pass up seeing Hugh Jackman in the buff?!?)over Star Trek, but we'll definitely rent it. I'm glad to hear it was good! And you're not a bad Mom!! Date nights are SO VERY important!! We don't get them much anymore (no free sitters). I hope you feel better soon!! Being sick while pregnant is LAME!!!!
BTW-my sis had her baby last night. It's a girl!!! Claire Elizabeth :)