Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Deep Dark Abyss

No, I am not sad.
I am feeling very tired and sick of still being sick. (no, I am not forkin' out all that money for the doctor to tell me I have a cold and get some rest)
Jeff had the day off so we attempted to enter in and conquer the ...deep...dark...ABYSS!!!!
I cleaned my room yesterday.
It took all day. (well, we did sleep in after the boys went to school until 9:30.)
It was bad. Gross even. Just dust and stuff.
Stuff....crap...junk.
It is the room where if you don't know where is goes, throw it in mom's room.
It was tough getting started but we fought through it and WON!!!!!
We cleaned out under the bed, where we have been storing anything that would fit.
Mostly shoes and pictures, papers, there was even a small fan.
And spiders I guess. Jeff said there was a big one and it attacked him.
SOOOOO glad it was not me.
The closet alone was bad.
We had a dresser in there. Broken with only 4 working (out of 6) drawers. It was my dresser. Now Jeff and I have to share. Got that out and got rid of 20 pairs of shoes we don't wear and never will.
My wedding dress is still in there. What do I do with that? Where do I pack it? Still undecided.
Not all of it was my stuff.
I went through all my winter stuff 2 weeks ago. A lot of it was Jeff's winter clothes and work stuff that I couldn't pack up because I didn't know if he needed it.
We cleaned out our "hutch". It is an antique cabinet that has been in my mom's family for years and years. I love it. It needs to be refinished, but I am using it to put stuff in so that makes it hard.
We have been using it to store our DVD's and scrapbooks, and some CD's. And it holds up our TV in our room.
I decided I wanted a list of all of our movies. Because I don't want us to waste money on doubles.
Which would have helped a while back since we found out we own 236 DVD's and some of them are doubles.
We packed up all but about 50 DVD's and all the scrapbooks and CD's. We don't watch the DVD's and we don't look at the scrapbooks and the CD's are all on my computer anyway.
We are still packin like we are going to move.
Because either way we are moving from this house this summer.
I doubt we will get to move home until next year.
I am not freakin out about it either.
We finished..wait... we are not done, we ran out of boxes and tape and garbage bags at about 4pm yesterday.
We will finish today....hopefully. Really it is just Jeff's winter clothes to be packed up and we are done.
Next up, the hallway/linen closet.
Joy.
Jeff compares our closet to the movie Uncle Buck? Everytime you reach in to get something... stuff falls out.
Kinda nervous about that one.
I still have Kitchen and Laundry room.
Just cleaning out stuff we don't need and packin' up stuff we haven't used in the last 3 months.
This is going to make life much easier when we do get a final moving date.
I know, I bored you again with my life.
All I do is talk about moving.
I have lots of things to say, but I have learned not to share it all on here.
Yesterday was crazy busy.
I didn't make dinner, I didn't fold my now beloved laundry. I didn't even turn on my computer.
I am so in love with my laundry.
I can't wait for it to come out of the dryer so I can fold it and put it away.
I look forward to doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen.
Yeah, I think I am nesting too.

No comments: