Sunday, October 19, 2008

10 days' of Birthday: My 8th Birthday

Well, this is really halloween. I was just baptized earlier that day.
But we had a family birthday party and halloween party at my Grandma Astles house.
She loved Halloween. I guess that is why we all like it.
I got the new Western Barbie and Western Barbie Horse for my birthday.
I do remember this one a bit more, because it was Halloween and my baptism day.

I do remember a Birthday that was very special and will always have a special place in my heart.
In the 6th grade, for my 11th birthday, my Grandma Astle picked up up from school and took me to Sears and bought me a new coat. Then she took me to her favorite place to eat "Kings Table", an 'all you can eat' buffet.
I can still remember the small of her car, Old leather and lipstick. And it was raining that day.
I remember feeling like the most special girl in the world.
But grandma always made you feel that way. She never played favorites, but she alwasy made you feel like you were the favorite.
I miss her so much.
She was the best Grandma ever.
Nope, mine was better.

2 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

We used to run into them at King's Table all the time!

tylersgirl said...

I wish mom could read this. Yes she was.

Ps. Happy Monday!!!!
yzoxhsf