Monday, October 13, 2008

Mundane Monday

Okay, besides
-falling asleep on the couch last night
-waking up at 2am all alone,
-shutting down the house (you know lights and computer)
-locking the doors alone (nice) (sarcasm)
-then falling asleep for just a few minutes before Emma woke up
-then waking up 4 hours later with her still in my bed and Jeff going to work (Kiss kiss)
-then Emma to bed
-me back to bed
-then waking up just an hour later to the boys and a kink in my back
I'd say today is looking half way good.....not. (more sarcasm)

I hate Mondays.
I know most people do. But today is just worse.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE my kids. but.....
Man, oh man....There is no school today.
Columbus day.
They have all been sick all weekend. I have been fairly relaxed about getting the chores done and the room cleaned.
But this morning...lets just say if they are well enough to run around out side and sneak Halloween candy, then they are well enough to clean their room and do chores.
I let them goof off until 10am.
I give them incentive - playing at the park. They had 2 hours to clean their rooms and do their chores.
Yep, you are right, they didn't get it done.
I gave them extra time or video games would be taken away too.
Nope, they don't seem to care.
So now I have to be the mean Mommy. (my sister doesn't think I am mean enough).
I must stick to my guns.
Their room didn't get clean, so we are not going to the park.
Their room still didn't get clean after extra tiem was given, so no video games.
So now what do I do with them?

6 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

I say no dinner until it's done! I figure that taking care of their part of the house is party of our family and dinner is another part and they shouldn't get to partake if they don't contribute their part. They almost always get it done for dinner even if they end up eating it cold an hour later and if they don't, they won't starve plus they are still responsible for it the next day.

tylersgirl said...

Ditto. I am a tuff mom. They will live and it will teach them a lesson. I am done with yelling. Except that is the only sound carter hears.-aimee the sister

Katie said...

Well, they did finish it.
AT 1pm. I stuck to my guns. No park and no video games. they ate lunch late.
They knew we were going to get our pumkins tonight, so they cleaned.
I was just wanting to know what to do when they get bored!

Kasi said...

I'm sorry you're having a bad day!! me too...

Anonymous said...

I say "stick to your guns!" Because if you don't... they will walk all over you! They are little now.... wait until they are taller than you! You did good Katie!

Kaci said...

My new philosophy: If your bored...I can always find something else to clean!! My other new idea: no more "time-outs" we just give extra chores! I also love the "go outside and play" idea! I hope that you survived the afternoon!!