Friday, October 17, 2008

Flash back Friday: 10 days of Birthday!!!

Since it is my blog and my birthday is coming up, I have decide to share some of my birthday pictures of birthday's past.
Birthday's were a big deal growing up. We didn't always get things that we wanted unless it was our birthday.
We were treated like royalty. As we got older (Junior High and High School), if we wanted to stay home from school on our birthday, it was okay with Mom.
We never had to do our chores. We got to sleep in. You felt the the most special person in the world that day.
We didn't always have parties. I mean, let's face it, there were 6 kids in my family. That is six birthday parties every year.
My parents wanted to spend the money on us.
There are 3 of us kids in my family who's birthday is in October and they are pretty close together.
Sarah - 23rd
Me - 27th (1973)
Shane - 28th (1974)...I know!
So when we would have cousins and grandparents over for cake and ice cream, we always shared a cake. Especially Shane and I, and that was okay when we were little kids but as we got older, we hated it.
I wanted my own cake.
Oh man, my Grandma Astle used to make the best cakes. There is nothing out there that compares either.
In this picture you will see my 10th birthday.
On the cake is candles, one side is for me, one side for my brother, one area for my sister Sarah.
Did you notice the tape player? I was so excited about it. That is when I really started to like music. I would tape stuff off the radio.
That outfit, I think I got for my birthday, it was my favorite for a long time that year.
I just love my hair, and big front teeth.
Matthew looks so much like me.
Poor thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool memories Katie! You've given me some ideas on what to do for AJ as he gets older! I am sure Chuck E. Cheese won't last much longer!