Thursday, October 2, 2008

I am kinda sad.

I have quite a few regrets in my life.
I have learned recently to let them go. But this one regret I am about to post about, really kills me.
In fact it makes me cry.
I have to go back a couple of years....1991...okay so it is alot of years...now stop making me feel old.
In 1991, I was asked to basically be a "nanny" to this awesome family.
It was my first and only job.
Jacqui and Mitch McAllister and their, at the time, 4 kids. Sean, Ashley, Karin Marie and Diane.
I spent the next few years growing up and learning a lot and falling in love with this family.
I LOVED my job.
I LOVED those 4 kids. (Christy came later)
I can not even describe to you, how much those years meant to me or even the friendship I had built with Jacqui.
I think about them all the time.
I met Jeff and got married in 1994, and in 1995 left to have my first baby.
We still kept in touch and I got to see them once and a while.
But the years went by and more kids came along and I didn't see them.
My biggest regret is not making more of an effort to see them.
After the first few years went by, I felt like I was intruding on their family and I didn't want to be a bother.
I wanted to go to all their sports events, but was afraid to ask.
I wanted to still be part of their family, but....well, I just didn't want to be in the way.

Did I mention how freakin' awesome this kids are and always were?
Well they are!!!!
Jacqui used to joke and call me Mary Poppins. That I was magic.
Well, it wasn't me Jacqui, it was your family. They are awesome.
I just got lucky enough to go along for the ride.

Another regret...I missed Ashley getting married in August.
Check out how beautiful she is here.
Now October 11th, Karin Marie will be getting married. I wanna go soooooooooo bad. But we will have to see. (pray for a miracle)

So if the my McAllister family is reading this, you have to know...
I miss you, I love you, I have never forgotten you and I will always, always be thinking about you.

No comments: