Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday!!!

Oh my,
I can't even describe my birthday in one word... okay so I can.
It was AWESOME!

I think back to last year and I am embarrassed that I was such a brat about it.
Today was so good.
It really started when Jeff came home from work yesterday with some flowers.
Not just flowers...Pink roses!!
My favorite!
He went right after work... I know, he shopped on Sunday, and in his uniform, which he hates to do. But he did it for me.
Then he told me last night that he didn't have to work. He got the day off.
Just for me.

Emma was up until way past midnight, she had a really bad tummy ache.

I started reading the book. Yes "twilight" so good.

I colored my hair a dark brown. Darker than it was before.
It is tradition. A birthday thing I do every year.

I got to sleep in until 8:15am. And I didn't have to get the boys ready and off to school.
(if that was all I got for me for my birthday, it still would have bee a great day. I hate doing that)
I walked my 2 miles at the track, (yay!)

Jeff cooked me breakfast, while I played on my blog.
Then he gave me this.
My favorite
I got ready and went to lunch with some of my friends. That was really fun! Thanks Ladies!
And back home to lay around and do nothing but read. Thanks Honey!
A friend stopped by with a very pretty 3 colored rose. And we chatted a while.
Another friend dropped off Cinnamon rolls... home made!!! So good!
Jeff took me to dinner. Mazatlan Grill, my favorite! Yummy.
Then while we were gone, the boys cleaned the house.

My awesome friend Nancy brought over the cutest and I must add, the yummiest cake ever. Thank you Nancy.
We had cake and ice cream. Then the boys wrapped my presents.

I must say, I picked most of the presents out and I had Jeff put them away so the boys could wrap them on my birthday.
I got the sung the birthday song a few more times and then Emma went to bed.
As I sit here and type. I am so thankful for today.
I have sooo much and I am the happiest I have been in years.
Thank you every one for calling and being so nice to me.
I love you all.
It's the best day ever!

3 comments:

Jennw6kids said...

Oh Katie, I am so happy for you, that sounds like everyone tried so hard to help you have an awesome day!! Happy birthday!!

Troop 1309 said...

I am glad you had a happy birthday! It was fun getting out for lunch yesterday!

Kaci said...

I am sooo glad your birthday was great!!