Friday, March 13, 2009

Boy names and girl names....

Okay, before you get all excit-er-ated... I am way to early to know what we are having.
Almost everyone who knows me knows, I want a girl...REALLY BAD!
Knowing my history with boys.... I want to be prepared.
I need these next 8 weeks before I find out to get ready for this.
Because...don't get me wrong I love my boys. Boys are fun.
But I think Emma needs a sister. Everyone in life needs a sister. I got lucky had had 3 of the best sisters ever made. Then got lucky had got 2 of the best sister-in-laws ever too.

I have a had a few girl names for a while.
Right after I had Emma it was certain I was gonna use Sarah.
I have a sister named Sarah, but it changed to Elizabeth...Lizzy for short.
Since I have been pregnant.... it just didn't seem right.
I picked a new name, but I am not sure if I will post it yet.
It is scaring me.

Well, because, with all of my boys, Jeff and I could not agree on a girl name.
I am a freak of nature and I like to pick a boy and girl name as soon as possible.
Weird I know.
But we could not agree on a girl name. But the boys names were easily agreed on.
I would pick a name with a middle name, he would say..."I like it."
It was almost like we just knew.
And we have never regretted it. The names all fit who they are.
With Emma, is was easy....he knew I wanted it for a long time.
Maybe I said it so much he just got used to it.
It was perfect for her, but when I was pregnant with Emma, there was not one single boy name I liked to even ask Jeff his opinion.
Seriously, not one.
So I come to this blog post point....And ask.... Can you please help me with a boy name?
I would really like it to flow with the other kids.
Matthew, Nathan, Caleb, Samuel, and Emma.
Simple, but not to uncommon.
Yes, I went through a baby book. Nothing!
I must be prepared.
Because if the Lord wants to give me ANOTHER boy... then I will happily....sorry, the voices in my head are laughing again....happily take on that job.
I really want a girl...really...really...really bad.
My oh-so-wise Mom says, "well it is done already! It is 50/50...it is what it is."
But I still can want right?

10 comments:

Kaci said...

What about Luke, Michael, Joseph or John?

As for you being weird? Yep, I think you are! :) but so am I. David and I like to have the names right away so that as soon as we find out we can start calling the baby that and not just "it." It was awful with Nephi...it took us months to come up with a name that we agreed on!

Anonymous said...

My best advice to you is to not worry about it. Easier said than done. You will know when it comes to you. You will just "feel" that it is right. How about Peter and you can call him Pete? Parker? Mark? Noah? James? Jimmy? Thomas? Tommy?

Anonymous said...

i was going to say luke too. i love that name, and it goes really well with your other names and isn't too common.

Katie said...

Jeff said... no way on Luke! and then he made fun of it with some Star Wars quotes.... yep, he's a keeper.
We offically decided on a girl name. We had to do the yell... you know... Katie Renee....... full name yell, to see if it sounded good. It does. So excited.
There was a Micheal in Jeff's family that killed himself, we won't be going there.
John, I really don't like, and Joseph just.... nah, but thanks anyway Kaci.
Nancy... Thomas is good... I will think about it. We have a James/Jimmy already, Absolutly no Mark...Noah is a consideration.... Pete? not sure I could torture a child that way.... Pete with our last name...sorry, no can do. Parker is too common these days.

I need more suggestions.
I am just like my good friend Kaci, I can't call the baby "it". I have to have a name as soon as I know.
A freak...I know.

Danielle said...

well dallen's name was going to be helamen well for a second it was - long long story that I will share one day if I have yet to share it with you - I know a kid who's name is noah james .... anyways I do not have good suggestions - maybe look at the class list in the boys classes and see if something strikes you

Kaci said...

Jeff is right about Luke. I really like it, but with Star Wars, I don't think I could name a kid that! What about Ammon? Or is that too different from the other boys? Malachi? Jacob?

When are you going to share the girl name??

Katie said...

We already have a Jacob in the family. Or I would snatch that one up so fast. Ammon is a little too much for me.

Julie said...

Katie, one of my names is Zachery. We are using it for a middle name. I am so excited for you. ryan and Steph just found out that they are having another boy. She really wanted a sister for Paige, but Ryan is excited to have his own 4-some for golf now! haha

Katie said...

I will share the girl name and the offical boy name when we find out which one will will need to use.

The Fishers said...

boy names are hard for me. I have one that I'm protective of so I will not/ cannot share it... I too am weird... besides, you have a too similar name in your extended family already. I know, I know, get to the point.
I've always liked Logan, that seems like it could work. Carson is a good one.
Conner, Tanner. That's all I got:)