Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Baked Beans

I made this the other night for our Boy Scout Blue and Gold dinner.
I thought it was very good.
And my boys and Jeff were both thrilled there was some left over for us to take home.
My sister Aimee's is TONS better, but this is pretty close.

Katie's Baked Beans (perfect for the crock pot)

3 large cans of Van De Kamps pork and beans
1/4 cup mustard (your favorite kind)
1/4 cup BBQ sauce (your favorite kind)
1 lb of bacon
1/4 onion, diced
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt

Cut bacon into small bite size pieces. Cook until just crispy. Drain and set aside.
Open 2 cans of beans and drain juice. (Remove pork chunks). Add to crock pot. Open 3rd can and with juice add to pot.
Add mustard, BBQ sauce, diced onion, pepper, salt, garlic salt, and drained bacon. Mix well.
Cook in crock pot for 4 hours. Stirring occasionally.
Serve with hot dogs, hamburgers, or even BBQ chicken and steak...well I guess anything on the grill.

So yummy!

1 comment:

Julie said...

This sounds sooo yummy! I am going to have to try it!