Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Sunday Story: Did you ever wonder...?

Did you ever wonder why your days go the way they do?
Like today for example.
Me, the wonder that I am....well, the lazy wonder that I am, was hoping the whole house would over sleep and we would miss church.
But knowing it starts at 11:00am....of course I was just kidding myself.
I decided we had enough time for pancakes and turkey bacon (not bad, if eaten in small quantities...the bacon, not pancakes).
The sweet sugary syrup was a bad idea before church.
We still had and hour to go and they were bouncing off the walls.
Then the wonderful (and I truly mean it) Primary President calls to remind me Caleb has a talk today on "Mothers Nurture the family".
I was really hoping she would say..."Well since there is only and hour before church and there isn't much time, you can just do it next week"...yeah....she didn't.
Snap!
Mothers nurture the family?.... I wanted to laugh.... because just before she called I was yelling at the boys to knock what ever they were doing off. And Caleb had to talk about mothers...his Mom a nurturing mother?
I finished my make-up and played around on Facebook (yeah, I know, I shouldn't have), I went to www.lds.org on info for a talk I could copy when.....I had to yell at my boys again.
Lots of yelling and screaming and crying... all from me, we got ready for church.
Snap, again.
My shirt was in the washer and was never moved to the dryer.
FINE!!!! We will be late again.
Which worked out. I still had to write Caleb's talk.
We all headed out to the car all looking dashing and adorable.
We made it to church 20 minutes early.
Enough time to fill out my tithing slips and yell some more at the boys for misbehaving at church. I had to threaten the boys that if they didn't stop, I would have the bishop talk to them.
Yes, it works every time.
I won't bore you with anymore details about church. I was in the nursery. Lots of toys, snacks, books, bubbles and crying (mostly from me). My assistant moved and so I was all alone. I thought I could handle it alone.... nope. (Nancy if you read this, I will need help next week. No matter what I say.)
Wrangling the boys, turn in my tithing, and get home.
Wild boys, thanks to the Jelly beans from the bishop, we did chores and had lunch.
Since they were so wild, they have been grounded from the TV today.
No TV!!!!!
It is amazing.
Emma is napping.
Boys are reading or playing Candyland. (mostly fighting and throwing things)
I am blogging.
Jeff is driving home. (yay)
The point of my question still lingers....
Did you ever wonder why your day turns out the way it does?
I do, often, but then something happens and I don't have time to ponder.
Like right at this moment I have to referee a mean game of Candyland.
So I have no answer.
If I ever find the time to wonder about it, I will let you know.

4 comments:

T.M. said...

Katie, I know it is rough getting everyone ready for church, especially by your self even on top of that being pregnant.

I don't know if this will help, but with tevan not being here on Sunday mornings anymore (he is the ward clerk) and us needing to be a church at 9 and I know I only have 3 kids and not the 5 that you have, but I have been getting the girls bathed the night before and have all of their clothes in one spot for the morning. We were having an issue with missing shoes for a while. So now we put their church shoes in their panties drawer. In the morning they can get dressed while I am getting ready. We even got to church 10 minutes early today so they caould be the reverent children. It takes care of half of the battle. Tevan has to wake up at 5 now for church so I try to have his binder, keys, cell phone, snack... laid out for the early morning for him too. Oh then I play primary music in the back ground just so we can try to have the peacfulness in our home.

Katie said...

Oh Mary. You are so smart.
We do that. All of it.
We have all the clothes and shoes awaiting in the morning. I even get my stuff out.
We used to do the bathing the night before. but then I find that in the morning since we start so late, we have extra time and they mess up those clothes. I have to time it perfectly.
I have done the church music and for a while it worked. It hasn't in a LONG while. I was planning on trying it this morning, but never got around to it.
Another thing i forgot to mention is Matthew the oldest sets the tone. he just does. If he is not medicated... oh mna. I get nothin but trouble from him. Caleb started this defiant thing and is onery just to be onery. Sammy is jsut cute and is the mostlyhelpful. nathan... and this is just to warn you. When boys hit 10 they cry. they just do, no one knows why. He trips: he cries, he doesn't get to sit int he front seat: he cries. It is like having a a big crying girl.
I will just have to endure. keep going, keep my chin up, and hope next week we will make it on time.

Katie said...

next time I will spell check my post before I post a comment. Man, I messed up alot.

T.M. said...

That's too bad, I have it pretty easy I guess. Addie is a people pleaser and luckily is pretty helpful unless she is grumpy. Good Luck!