Monday, August 18, 2008

Blasts from the past

Tonight at dinner the boys were asking what foods they liked and disliked when they were babies. That started in on stories which had them laughing and having such a good time, a light bulb went on (don't worry it isn't scary) and since I didn't plan a lesson tonight for Family Home Evening , the idea to look at the boys pictures of them as babies was gone be our FHE lesson.
Yes, most of the pictures are scrapbooked and in albums. But we pulled out all the pictures and albums and had a great time reminiscing.
Our plan was to talk about family and that we are sealed forever.
But time flew away and we only had time for family prayer.
So, the point of my post was to share some "blasts from the past" pictures I found of myself.
You can laugh if you want. I think they are funny.
All those horrid memories of High School and life after.... feeling a little weepy.
Don't get me wrong there were good times too.
Mostly embarrassing stuff. A few happy times.
A lot of regrets.
Here are a few pictures from my past.
I dare you to post some of your pictures from the past.

This first one is of my family at Easter. My Grandma's house in Fair Oaks California. I think I was a freshman in high school. Check out my hair!!! Could it get any higher in the bangs? I don't think so.

This was the night of my first youth dance. I was so excited. I got this outfit for my 14th Birthday. I had the best time. I loved it. I only got asked to dance once. I had the biggest crush on a boy in my ward. Donnie Pebbles. He actually danced with me that night.

Ugh... This is a picture of me my junior year. Right before I got my braces. I loved my hair. It was the one thing I was good at.

This next one is one of my Senior Portraits. You can still see my braces. I got to get the clear braces. It was really nice. By this time, I was practically flunking out of school. I cut class too many times. (One of my top 3 regrets from high school.)

I ended up squeaking by. And art teacher let me make up some work. She let me make up the work at home, and then accused me of cheating and having someone else do my work.

If she could only she my "art" now.

This is a picture of my first car. I only got it because of a minor car accident I was in with my Aunt Kathie while shopping for my Graduation dress. It cost me $1500. It is a 1982 Camero. I loved it. I had so much fun in that car. I sold it to my sister when I got pregnant with my first baby. It died years later and is now retired in a junk yard some where in Sacramento. Good times.
(btw - I don't remember who belonged to the orange car next to mine, I think it was my brothers....Aimee do you remember?)

It isn't the most flattering picture of me. This is Christmas 1993. My "wild ways" were gone...almost (I still had the Camero, ya know) and I was looking forward to getting myself ready to go on a mission. It didn't happen 'cause I met Jeff two months later.
It was really fun to see the old me.

And the people who read this and know me well, will know I was hard on myself and I still don't think I was cute...ever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just dropping by and wanted to say what a good idea that was for home evening. Thanks for the tip.

Also, I love your background paper. It looks so real I almost reached out to touch it!

Danielle said...

oh my heck you are going to laugh

claira walked in took one look at the puter and said is that katie?

then we scrolled down a little more and saw your senior pick man your boys look like you - well some of them - some have a little jeff in them too - cute picks if you saw mine you would not know they were me LOL

Swanky Mommy said...

Okay, now THOSE are the Scovilles I know and love!