Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wish me luck!

I am attempting to take all the kids to church by myself tomorrow... er... I mean this morning.
If I ever make it to bed. I want to read my scriptures, but I am typing and Emma keeps waking up.
I am dreading it. Mostly because at the end of church I find myself having not enjoyed it at all. But I know it will be good for my family.
Uhhhhhg....just the thought of it......
We are ready though.
We have everything out, Church clothes all hung up with undershirts, ties, belts, socks(?), pants, white shirts, and their shoes are waiting too. (except Sammy and Matthew's shoes, they weren't listening I see) They have been bathed so all they have to do is eat and get dressed.
I too, am prepared. My clothes are all picked out and ready for me to shower and get dressed.
It usually takes longer then I plan for all of us to get ready and out the door, especially on time.
It will be interesting to see if we can make it this time.... and on time with Mom not totally fuming.
The first hour is Sacrament meeting, which the kids have to sit and listen (which they never do) and be very quiet so others can listen.
When the second hour comes along, I am usually so burnt and completely embarrassed that I just want to go home.
But I send them all off to their poor Primary and Sunday school teachers.
And sweet little Emma has to deal with a very cranky Mama.
I hate being late for my Sunday school class and I try to sit in the back or right by the door.
But Emma isn't very quiet in there either so we have to leave.
And when it comes time for Relief Society in the third hour, I can usually stay until they start the lesson and then Emma is too loud, so we have to leave again. (She still has 4 months before she can go into the nursery.)
I truly am dreading tomorrow....er...today.
So cross your fingers and toes and eyes..if you will...and say a prayer for me.
I might just need it.

2 comments:

The Bjurstrom Family said...

Good Luck Katie!!! I know how difficult going to church can be:) I'm so glad you found my blog. How did you by the way?:) I can't believe how old emma is. It seems like you were just pregnant asking me about my pink and brown diaper bag. Has it really been that long ago??? Tell your mom hi for me since we aren't in the same ward any more. I'm so glad that you found me so I can checkup on Aimee's family also:)

Christine Duerksen said...

Hi, I got your link to your blog. You are such a good mom, you shouldn't be embarrassed at church. I'm sorry that I was out of town last month, did you end up moving. I need to call you and set up a visiting teaching appt. I hope all is well with you and it sounds like you should be the new nursery leader. HE, HE. Aiden needs someone fun and nice.